Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

hands free voice command voice recgnition,

I had a Torch phone and used it on my handsfree in my toyota tacoma.It was fantastic.

Now i have the z10 and hands free voice command always misunderstand my commands to dial a contact. How do i train this phone to recognoise my voice. I have a british/south african accent. Its a nightmare using this phone and I am trying to be patient with it. Also activating the hands free in the car, there is a intermitted pause in between commands . The hands free is not smooth compared to the old torch. This is a big function for me. If I cannot solve this, I rather buy a different phone that works. In Canada,BC ,its illigal to use a cell phone while driving unless its hands free. The cops are snicky and hiding on street corners.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: hands free voice command voice recgnition,

I read that the Z10 voice command system can learn from you, but I don't really know how.

Maybe you can look into this third party app:
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/20384595/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook/Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

I'm also from BC and sympathize.

Before the Z10, I had a Torch 9860 and before that, a 9800.  With the 9860 and 9860, I used Vlingo (https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/720/?countrycode=CA).

I liked it a lot because it was able to cope with my heavy accent.  What set it apart is how it learned my speech profile.

Whenever I use it, it converts what it hears to editable text and gives you the option to type the correct words.  So it forms some sort of a map of the syllables you speak as long as your corrected text corresponds word for word with what you said to it.  After just a week, it was able to recognize what I say 95% of the time.

I've fired off an email to their support requesting them to support BB10 devices.  Don't know though if they'll listen  since they're now part of Nuance.

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Nuance is the software used in the Voice Command in BlackBerry 10, so I guess somehow one day they will merge the two technologies (Nuance on one side and VLingo on the other side).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: