Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: z10
My Carrier: E-PLUS

home Wi-fi - cannot connect

Dear all,

after not having used my Z10 for about 3 months (first use), I am unable to connect to my home wi-fi - the same Wi-fi (nothing has changed, e.g. password, security type etc.) the Z10 DID connect to when I first tried.

Also, there haven't been any changes made to the phone. In the meantime, whilst trying to fix the problem, I did however update to the latest OS, which didn't have any effect whatsoever.

At first, the connection was established but according to the icon in the upper right-hand corner there was no signal (definitely not true, in the settings menu it said that there is and that the connection is established). Also, browsing was not possible, the error it produced was (roughly translated) "limited connecitivity".

Currently, the problem has evolved and it can't even get the IP (same error message)

What I have tried so far is:

• reboot the BB
  • reboot the WAP
  • delete the network from the "saved networks" list and reconnect
  • update to the latest version of the OS

Btw, my sisters uses the exact same phone with the exact same OS and the exact same wifi settings and it works.

Any idea/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: home Wi-fi - cannot connect

Can it connect to any other hotspot ?.

Free WiFi at a shopping mall for instance.