Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Beeline KZ

how can we extract contacts from .bbb?

[ Edited ]

Hello!

Please help, how can i extract contacts from my restore file format .bbb (my phone is blackberry Z10), i want to print my contacts, but dont know how. 

I used  PhoneMiner, MagicBerry and Elcomsoft Blackberry Explorer, but it was unuseful. 

Magicberry showed "i can't concatenate file", Explorer -"unable to find neither .ipd file nor .dat files" 

Contributor

Re: how can we extract contacts from .bbb?

Maybe PhoneMiner help me to extract Contacts from my restore file? (fomat .BBB) But it cost 30$, it maybe unuseful too...

Developer
My Device: Z10 STL-100-2

[ Edited ]

Officially: You can not. You are able to open the *.BBB file as it is a simple *.ZIP Format Archive. BUT the other 3 *.TAR Archives are encrypted with based on your personal PIN and your PC Machine Code. That is as no one else should be able to get your Data and Stuff for Security Reasons.

Unofficially: Some one has to "create" a Tool for this - unofficially Smiley Wink

I too had some serious Restore Problems with Link 1.1.1.26 (and other Versions) and wanted to restore them manually: No Way. That sucks. An Option in Link to disable encryption for use on a private PC would be nice. Its one of many many things i miss.

Contributor

Thx for answer!  **bleep**. It's not a security.. in another way it's a prison for yourself  ((

Man, if you find a tool, plz, keep me posted!I promise to do the same!

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: paybook
My Carrier: rogers

Has anyone figured out how to unlock the tar files? I would love to have a peek into the application data which is over 12 GB in size.