Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Sasktel

html emails and tweet issues

Sometimes my HTML emails and tweets come thru with all the HTML coding.

Anyone know Why? 

Do I need to change a setting somewhere?

Here is a sample....

<html>Bleus. Denim. UNTTLD. <a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href="#SMM">#SMM</a> <a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href="<a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href="@Target">@Target</a>_ca"><a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href="@Target">@Target</a>_ca</a> <a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href="@Target">@Target</a> <a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href="@Target">@Target</a>_fr <a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href="#25magasins">#25magasins</a> #25000$ <a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href='http://vine.co/v/bnUdhr7tTYH'>vine.co/v/bnUdhr7tTYH</a> -- District Montréal @DistrictMtl</html>

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: html emails and tweet issues

Hello carlal,

To better assist you I have a couple questions:

Is this happening with random email and tweets or with the same people?

Are these emails and tweets in a different language than the language set on the BlackBerry smartphone?

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Trusted Contributor

The emails and tweets are from the same people.
They are written in the same language as the BlackBerry
Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Du

i have the same issue which started after i updated thew z10 software, whenever i send any email from the blackberry, it replaces some letters with "=" and it includes a long encoding string at the end of the email, which is really bad as i use my z10 for work emails. we need a solution here please.

thanks,

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Not sure about the tweets, but the send email issue is found in this thread:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Z10-encoding-issue-in-outgoing-email/td-p/2212...
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Du

Drewread, I tried doing whatever was mentioned in that thread, but it didn't work
Forums Advisor III

Merely suggesting that the discussion is already ongoing and that maybe using the larger thread might be the way to go rather than starting another thread.

Have you all called your carrier's Blackberry trained support teams and reported the issue to them, and been escalated to Blackberry support if the carrier team weren't able to help you?
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Trusted Contributor

I contacted both my carrier and BlackBerry support. Neither had an answer and said they'd investigate. I have not heard back from either.
Forums Advisor III

Did they give you a ticket number? If so you can call back in and ask for a status update.
Trusted Contributor

Nope.