Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: i got 99 problems and...

dominique_z10 wrote:

i can't still close though webpages with what you said. of course it closes the page when i press on the X but then it takes me to all the other pages i've opened before and I see the page i closed is still there...

BD is exactly right.. you've closed the browser and you're now looking at the default home page.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

dominique_z10, this first image is of the closed browser, showing my recent pages.
The second image is of an active web page with TWO tabs open, indicated as such by the lower left box with the [2]

IMG_00000112.png

(2)
IMG_00000113.png

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

dominique_z10 wrote:

The copy and paste doesn't work at all... I keep using two fingers and trying to touch the screen different ways but it keeps zooming in and out only... Nothing becomes highlighted in blue...

I've been ok using two fingers. If using one works well for you...

Here's a Youtube vid with some good tips on the select, copy, paste... starting at 1:25 in the video.

Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Interesting, the video @1:25 on shows exactly what I described, and uses no two finger selection. I'd love two finger select as it is much more efficient, but I don't think it is a BB10 feature. I would love to see a video that show it in action so I can get it going. Smiley Happy

Thanks though!

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Forums Advisor III

dominique_z10 wrote:
Thank you for helping.
I still have problems with my notifications and email...
The copy and paste doesn't work at all... I keep using two fingers and trying to touch the screen different ways but it keeps zooming in and out only... Nothing becomes highlighted in blue...
To close webpages, i already tried before by touching the small squear in the left down corner but I can see it stays open with all the other pages i opened previsouly.
I can't find the PIN code in the settings and if i type ''mypin'' followed by a space or not, it finds nothing...
I managed to fix the calendar by changing the default calendar to be something other than Gmail...
so really, I have only 1 thing solved right here... Smiley Sad(((( but thanx anyway... what a pain this phone...

Regarding notifications, it is a known issue: KB article. I would expect them to rectify that as soon as they can reproduce it internally. Many suggest that it is inrelation to either bluetooth devices being connected (maybe the notifications are sounding on the wrong speaker, i.e. bluetooth.) or that custom notifications sounds may be causing it. Are either of those a possibility for you?

As for the PIN number, on English devices, as Jsanders said: simply type "mypin" and push the spacebar and your pin number will be shown thanks to auto text replacement. When you type "mypin" don't type the quotes, just.....      mypin         and then hit space. Smiley Happy It should work, if it doesn't send me a PM and we'll hook up for a BBM screen share of my screen and I can show it to you.

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Forums Advisor III

dominique_z10 wrote:
Thanx, this was really usefull Smiley Happy
i can't still close though webpages with what you said. of course it closes the page when i press on the X but then it takes me to all the other pages i've opened before and I see the page i closed is still there...
anyway, this was very usefull.
for the applications, again, i don't think it belongs to me to ask the developers. blackberry should make sure that he can provide the minimum and the same services he used to give his clients before. which means whatsapp, shazam, etc., should be available.

In regards to developers and applications, of course it is not your responsibility to chase them down for applications. That said, they are going to develop for the platforms that will bring them in the largest number of users, and therefore money. Smiley Happy So, what people here are simply suggesting is that if enough of us start to ask developers for the apps that we want to see they will soon realize that there actually are a lot of Blackberry users still out there, and many are making the switch to BB10 devices. If enough of us do it, I can almost gurantee that these developers will take notice and start to put more resources into the BB10 apps.

It is actually quite simple to send them an email or Tweet, and most of them even respond saying "thanks for letting us know." I usually tweet them with the hashtag #GetWithBB10, and I retweet just about anything that comes up with that Hashtag as well. Smiley Wink

I must also mention that Blackberry has actually done a really great job of bringing on new developers to this platform. The toolsets and support that they have given the developers is quite fantastic, and it has brought many new developers on board. That said, a few more of the big ones are very close to being ready with BB10 apps, and a few more still need that push to get started.

Help build your community by letting developers know you are out there and wanting their service or app! Smiley Happy

drewread wrote:

Interesting, the video @1:25 on shows exactly what I described,

Oh yes. You said it first. Smiley Wink

Sheeze.

Knowledge Base Updates

drewread wrote:

As for the PIN number, on English devices, as Jsanders said: simply type "mypin" and push the spacebar and your pin number will be shown thanks to auto text replacement. When you type "mypin" don't type the quotes, just.....      mypin         and then hit space. Smiley Happy It should work, if it doesn't send me a PM and we'll hook up for a BBM screen share of my screen and I can show it to you.

-BD- correctly distinguished the French translation for this above.

-BD- wrote:

You can find your pin in Settings->About and then drop down the box and select Hardware (Parametres Systeme->A propos de->Materiel).  I just flipped my language to French and the shortcut is monpin rather than mypin for the autosubstitute.

Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

{edited by me}

Please don't be offended, many things are different on the Z10, and I am only trying to get the facts across. I don't believe that the Z10 allows for dual finger selection, I am simply trying to clear that up. Smiley Happy

I guess I'm actually touching with one and dragging down with the other as the selection is made. Takes practice and mad finger skilz.

Ambi-phalangeous, of sorts.

Knowledge Base Updates