Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

iCloud calendar was working, not anymore!

Hi

This is driving me mad.

When I got the Z10, I was concerned about connecting to the office calendar that is on icloud but it worked, and really well.

In the past week though, it has stopped. In an effort to sort it out (it was asking for the server address), I deleted the calendar account and tried to re-instate but I get the following message:

"Your account iCal - xxxxxxxxx@mac.com cannot be authenticated with your service provider. Please make sure that the account settings are correct".

I have tried .mac, .me & .icloud account names. I know the settings I have are fine, I can login online without any problem.

I also have another icloud account and I get the same message with that.

I found this post on the site:

KB33729 iCloud calendar account fails to integrate on BlackBerry 10

This was from the 2nd Feb 2013. Surely this has been sorted now or has it just fallen by the wayside??

I am running the very latest software - 10.1.0.273.

I really love the Z10 and don't want to go back to iphone but if this stays as an issue I may have to. Everybody in my business uses the ical and the ability to sync with it was crucial to my decision to move away from IOS to BB.

Thanks

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: iCloud calendar was working, not anymore!

Out of curiosity, can you try the setup of your iCal account again, this time while connected to WiFi, or if on WiFi, turn off the wifi and try the connection only over the mobile network.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Hi

I have tried all sorts of permutations, WiFi on, off etc. Even tried using a different WiFi at another location.

Same message everytime.

Thanks

I think its time for you to call Vodafone technical support on this issue.

Ask them to escalate the issue up to BlackBerry tech support.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

OK, thanks.

I'm not confident about them though!

You are paying Vodafone for tech support. If they can't resolve the issue, DEMAND they escalate the issue to BlackBerry.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Carrier: tmobile

I have a Tmobile z10 and I had successfully been syncing icloud on my calendar through the caldav server.

But this weekend it stopped.  I am running BB OS 10.0.10.85.  Not sure if there was an update that caused this to stop working.

Now when I tried to re-install the calendar account on the z10, it tells me it cannot authenticate my account, although I know the password I am using is correct, as I have confirmed it by logging into my icloud account on my laptop.

Spent an hour with Tmobile trying to report this. First with a rep, then a Tmobile BB expert, then a Z-10 expert, then finally to an Indian outsourced tech rep from RIM who opened a ticket for this.   We deleted all the icloud accounts on the phone (the only one remaining was contacts).  When we reloaded using the automatic function by entering the icloud email address, the contacts re-loaded, but not the calendar.  The RIM tech guy says that the problem is not with the BB but with the apple Icloud server was down.  I am not sure if that is correct or their way of just ignoring the problem.  In any event, I will try again later and see if it is a caldav server issue not at BB.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Apple iPhone 5
My Carrier: O2

I'd say two things re the Blackberry support answers you got:- 1) IF Apple iCloud server was down, since a week ago, why aren't there any reports of this on all the Apple forums, articles in the national press and reports on the tv? Remember the iPhone alarm issue, that lasted les time than this and had major newspaper and tv coverage. 2) look at the apple Support System Status for the iCloud services http://www.apple.com/uk/support/systemstatus/ Not an issue showing here at all (and past days too). It is poor that Blackberry representatives are playing the slopie shoulder game here. Very poor indeed.
New Contributor
My Carrier: O2 / MTN

Completely agree with comments above. Same experience my end. Worked fine then contacts started asking for daily password verification, calendar stopped connecting to server at all and now email is received but cannot be sent..... and no one appears to give a **bleep** about solving
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Please read this article from the public knowlege base:

KB34323 Unable to add iCloud calendar to BlackBerry 10 smartphone

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: