Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

incoming and outgoing calls using wifi

i live in an area where cell network is limited and need to be able to make calls and receive calls from a hot spot or wifi system.    does the z10 support this and if so, how do you set it up ??   thank you in advance

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: incoming and outgoing calls using wifi

It does not yet support UMA. I'm told it will in the future, though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

...That is if your carrier supports UMA services.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

thank you John, so, UMA would be an upgrade then to the z10 OS, or when you say they will support, how is this support be made available.    yes, the server does support UMA

Guru II

It is not currently available but from what I've heard it will be in the future. It will likely require a software update. It will be pushed to your device at the appropriate time. That said, I have no idea when it will actually be available.