Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

is this the worst blackberry?

I have had my z10 for 2 weeks now, and I really wanted to like it, but I agree with a lot of the posts here. It has been rushed to market, with way too many unresolved issues.

Battery life of 8 hours, poor auto- rotate, poor cell signal..............the list goes on. Its an average touch screen phone.

I would love a sign that blackberry are doing something about all the issues, and a reason to keep it, but it seems that they have removed everything from the Z10 that made blackberry so good.

Its not a blackberry anymore

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: is this the worst blackberry?

Rushed to market? The reason for it being delayed is because the carriers wanted more time to test it. It most definitely wasn't rushed.
As for the issues you're facing, make sure you're running the latest version of OS available. In addition, even though I love the phone, I still recommend a battery pull every couple of weeks to keep it in top shape.

Keep us up to date on your situation. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thanks for that, but I do have the lastest software (updated it 2 days ago), but the battery barely lasts 9 hrs on stand by. And, man does the phone get hot!

Also, any idea where all the text alert tones etc have gone. They have provided a very basic set of notification tones and vibrate options. 

Maybe I was being too optimistic, hoping for the useabiltiy of a Galaxy, but with the best of previous blackberrys (email, text etc)

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

If your phone is draining the battery that fast on standby, and it's getting hot on standby, then something is using excessive data.

It could be a poorly coded app that you installed, or an issue with email sync.

New Contributor

Thank you. But I only have the original pre loaded apps. My email is push but even the galaxy s 3 would last all day with the same email and settings.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Possible your carrier has not updated their radio files.

AT&T sent out an update today and mine has been much better with battery life so far.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Did the ATT update yesterday and my battery life sucks worse now. No other changes but the update so not sure why battery life has gone down
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

adding that if I take my phone off the charger in the morning it is normally down to 60-70% by bedtime. Right now it's at 35% and a few hours to go
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10

You can always try a device wipe and restore your settings. I am getting substantially more battery life after doing one.

I was getting 8-10 hours.. I am now getting 13-15 hours... and I am a heavy user, conatant bbm and email. Plus many apps running at the same time.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor

I did wipe the device. Twice! Sadly I stand by the title of this thread.
Have charged twice today and have only been texting. Will check with bell re race update. Thanks for ideas but it looks like buy a spare battery or galaxy