Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: verizon
Accepted Solution

keyboard not working

Hello, this is my first time here,please be patient if I don't state things completely enough:-)

I got the update 10.2.1.537 for my Z10 last evening and since then, I have been unable to use the keyboard function. I type but nothing appears in any application. Luckily, the dialpad for the phone works. I have tried shutting off the phone and removing the battery, but that has not helped.

I appreciate any assistance anyone can give me !

Thank you all.  Cherry

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: keyboard not working

Just to be sure, you've tried touching the text field to make sure the cursor is in there and still nothing happens when you type? That's a new one I haven't seen before and this OS has been available for download on the Internet for a month so many have used it.

My suggestion would be to use BB Link to make a full backup of your phone. Then do a security wipe. Instructions are below:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33591

Once the device reboots after the wipe see if the keyboard works. Then try restoring your backup file.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Welcome to the forums, don't worry we are all friendly here, it's the CrackBerry forums where they will rip you apart for not being an expert on everything BlackBerry. Smiley Happy

Are you saying the virtual keyboard doesn't appear or that the keyboard appears but on pressing a key nothing happens?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor

Yes, the curser is there and I will try the backup and security wipe.

Thank you for your help. I'll let you know how it works !!!

Contributor

Thank you for the kind welcome.

Keyboard appears and makes "click" noise when keys are pressed but nothing appears.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Okay and as John asked is the cursor showing in the text field?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor

Yes, the cursor is showing in the text field.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Do the wipe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

I am waiting on a phone call but will then try the backup/wipe maneuver. Thanks.

Contributor

I did the backup on my PC but the phone will not let me do a security wipe as it requires that you type in "blackberry" to confirm the deletion, which of course, it will not show any typed items :-(

Now what?