Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: vodafone

keypad usage

how should I 'return' or get to the next line while typing SMS-Text messaging...

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: keypad usage

Hi
No way. There where the return button should be they placed the send button. So it happens to me that I send it before finished the SMS, because of pressing accidentally the send button instead the Points key.
Disappointing
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

A lot of people have requested this feature back into SMS and Text.. Its a simple implementation by BB becasue they can call any keypad for any app.  But currently it is not availalbe, maybe next big OS update would have it. Its not a deal breaker, but nice feature to have..

Contributor

Sorry, but that is not a "nice to have". That's basic. Any other phone offers that. And why different keypads for similarly work? Not intuitive at all.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

I agree it should be in there, its not the end of the world for me. You should contact your mobile provider and have them open a ticket with BB why there is no return key (new Line) in SMS or Text messaging. 

Contributor

I agree. It should be there.
To bypass the problem I type the message elsewhere and copy paste.
Only for messages where I need line separation
Contributor

How can you protect your data in the folder of the application called Remember
Contributor

Hi why protecting the data in there? The job of it is to remember to do your tasks. If you want to protect data lock your device or use an app to do that.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

The text messaging system SMS works like a crude ASCII Telnet terminal. The return key is the send key. If you want the return key to work as a linespace, then a separate send command will be necessary to implement.

As for myself, I like it the way it is. The idea is to write a simple message and send it off. Writing a second message is the second line, and so-on.

Jerry G.
Contributor

Well, sms is a simple messenger, but you got space for 160 characters and a word wrap is nothing special in sms writing.
So at least to change the sendbutton with the smiley button would be great. Then the send button would not be used so often accidentally (in my case) :-)