Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

making a call while phone is locked

does anybody know of an app or if BB are planning on updating software to allow calls to be made while phone is locked.

This was bloody brillant on my previous blackberrys and cant understand why they would remove such a uniqye feature.

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: making a call while phone is locked

When the device is locked you will only be able to make emergency calls, the option to make out going calls while the device is locked is not present.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/Making-Voicecalls-when-scree...
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: making a call while phone is locked

With the Z10, at this time it is not possible to make calls on a locked phone. I realize with previous models this option was available. A drawback is if the phone is lost and the "make calls while the phone is locked" option is allowed, the finder of this phone can make many expensive long distance calls to anywhere he wants for as long as he wants.

The owner of the phone is technically responsible for all the calls made on his phone. If he looses the phone and he calls in the phone as missing, he is responsible up to the time he called in to report the lost phone. In a few hours someone can run up a hefty phone bill.

I leave my phones fully locked until I will require them.

Jerry G.