Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: z 10
My Carrier: bmobile

Re: microphone not working

I got that problem yesterday & it was fixed a little while ago, funny enough after trying to reboot many times and making numerous calls all I did this morning was gave or a squeeze on the left and right of the mic with the back off and it instantly started working as regular
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Get out of here Smiley Happy)))))))

I just done that myself and mic is working fine now. I have spent 3 hours yesterday at my gsm dealer to fix the issue, they made resoft reinstall the software, diagnostics, etc. And finally they gave the phone back still not working and told to come back monday so they can do some more research.

Now i fixed it by squeezing. Smiley Happy))
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Viettel

Hello all,

5 day ago I found out big error that made mic of Z10 not to work on z10 because of error assemble. You can see mic of Z10 connect with mainboard by 3 touch connections if you operated z10 and when workers assemble mainboard with mic, they did not tighten some screws near the mic on back of Z10 therefore the connection between mic and mainboard is error and no one can not hear what you said when you make a call.
after I tightened some screws on the back of z10 and now mic works very well. I hope bb fan can fix this mic error on Z10

My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: bell

I've been having the same problem but the fixes did not work
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: TIGO

I have the same problem with my phone! Did you solved?
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Viettel

5 day ago I found out big error that made mic of Z10 not to work on z10 because of error assemble. You can see mic of Z10 connect with mainboard by 3 touch connections if you operated z10 and when workers assemble mainboard with mic, they did not tighten some screws near the mic on back of Z10 therefore the connection between mic and mainboard is error and no one can not hear what you said when you make a call.
after I tightened some screws on the back of z10 and now mic works very well. I hope bb fan can fix this mic error on Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Idea

Hi,

Sadly I am a part of the club since last two days!

I tried squeezing etc. but does nto seem to work!!

Regards

Amit

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Mobifone

Hi bro,

I'm living in HCMC, Can you share me your solution with Z10 device. At now, I have same your problem.
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: globe

Squeeze where exactly? Can you please take pictures on how you did it so that we can fix our problems thank you
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I just had the same problem. only the handset microphone wasn't working all of sudden.  I could hear everyone but they could not hear.

SOLUTION:  I tried squeezing did not work.  I dropped the phone on carpeted floor and it now WORKS!! Smiley Happy  basically something loose inside that needs a little bit of shaking. you can place it inside a hard cover case and drop it to avoid breaking the housing.

Cheers!:Yes