Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: z10
My Carrier: orange

mixing up my text

have had a few times now when in a chat with two different people and her mail has come across under his chat, and yesterday his reply to me was sent through to her, its seams same to people its getting mixed up with?????

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: mixing up my text

Hey --clowy--,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Which chat program are you currently using?  Also is the conversation in English or any different languages?  How often does text change?  Also did you update your BlackBerry Z10 software lately?  I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I have noticed a couple times that txt messages appear to be from different people.  But have not noticed it in the last couple of days.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Yes I have had the same issue, someone textx me and I go to text them back and in fact the person the screeen says and whom I am thinking I am texting is not that person.... I go into that persons contact and they have 2-3 different numbers under their name now, and a few of my contacts are like that now. Also when I woke up and looked at my text messages, many of them had suddenly had other contacts included into other text conversations, which became a group text, I have no idea how this is happening but it is screwing things up for me badly, I dont know if I am talking to the right person and all my contacts are messed up and mixed around by their numbers. Who knows how contacts are automatically added to my previous conversations out of the blue, now I am worried these conversations are spread or sent to other contacts too....

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: Virgin

My z10 is tagging on old messages onto the end of my new messages to contacts. NOT FUN! My GF almost tore me a new one when I sent her a text ending with "last night was fun" when I hadn't seen her the night before!

She only has one profile on my phone imported from facebook. this hasn't happened with any of my other contacts and only seems to occur with her when I send a long message. So far there has been no crossing of messages from one contacts messages to another. 

The first 210 chars are as i wrote afresh. then anything after that is over written with the later part of an old text messages sent maybe a week previously to the same person.

running os 10.0.0.2372