Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

my Z10 automatically goes into bedside mode. Why?

My Z10 keeps going into bedside mode automatically and I keep missing calls and not hearing message alerts or seeing the flashing led . I found a temporary fix by restarting the phone or pulling the battery but it just happens again after several hours. This is getting very annoying! Is there anything that I can do to put an end to this? Or can I remove bedside mode completely? because I don't like it thanks
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: my Z10 automatically goes into bedside mode. Why?

You can turn it off here :

Turn on bedside mode

Once bedside mode is turned on/off, you won't be alerted when you receive phone calls and new messages. In bedside mode, any alarms that you set will still go off and your BlackBerry device displays the time, dimly lit.
  1. In the Clock app, swipe down from the top of the screen.
  2. Tap Bedside mode.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

The only time my device goes into bedside mode is when I slide the shade down on the home screen. Otherwise I'm not aware of any automatic bedside mode option.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor

I dont think its a bedside mode - because im having the same issue and cant figure it out. Its not the usual bedside mode with the clock and dim light, but rather throughout the day all alerts including ringer just goes dead. NOTHING. A quick check will tell you all volumes are up and mode is still set to NORMAL. you wont get another peep out of the phone until you reboot. Been missing crazy calls and messages - might have to activate my old phone until this gets resolved. Clients are about to tear me a new one.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

[ Edited ]

This just happened to me and more.   It is definitley not BedSide mode .   I know how to use it and do when in Bed .

I just happen to glance at my phone and there was an incoming call with no ring. ( My main volume and ringer volume are on high)   I tried to answer and slide down the screen to answer but it would not answer.  The hang up option was not there. Just he slide down to answer was now at the bottom of my screen.   I tried to phone myself while this was happening and that call would not show  up and on the sending phone it just rang and rang.

I ended up powering down the phone and all is good again.

Will watch for this again. 

I have missed a few calls this week 2 of them I thought I should have heard, now I think it was this issue you mentioned. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Regular Contributor

UPDATE - Couldnt figure it out and still not sure if hardware or software issue. I did however exchange the phone for a new unit yesterday and so far all is good.  I am testing a theory and at this point HAVE NOT setup any bluetooth devices/connections, just using my headphones. Gonna give it another 48 hours before I proceed to pair up my HS-700 BB Bluetooth wich is the only thing I did differently with the first device.

It would help to know what devices you guys have connected to your Z10, if your having the same issue.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: sasktel

Same issue here.  Would not ring and was not getting the message notifications - did not discover this until I had 2 missed calls and a number of missed texts.  (Confirmed phone was not ringing by calling myself from a land line)  Rebooted the phone, working now.

I also paired with bluetooth device yesterday (Ford Sync).  Will see how this plays out.

Regular Contributor

So far I've found a bluetooth connection to be the common denominator. I unfortunately took back my unit but if you wouldnt mind, could you wipe out all your bluetooth connections, not just turn off but wipe them out - reboot device and monitor?

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

This is insane. I'm taking the battery out 2-3 times a day because my phone goes silent for no reason. One time the volume keys on the side also didn't do anything when pressed. I waited so long for this phone and I'm doing battery pulls like my old crappy blackberries. This is the biggest joke ever. I'm having other issues as well here and there on top of this constant no volume issues on notifications. What a joke, anybody from blackberry care to take interest in this and respond??? Crackberry has mega posts about this same issue. And people wonder why blackberry gets bashed. Perfect example.
Regular Contributor

Do you have any blue tooth devices connected?