Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: my Z10 automatically goes into bedside mode. Why?

i'M HAVING SAME ISSUE. RANDOMLY PHONE GOES INTO WHAT I WOULD CALL "SILENT MODE" ALTHOUGH VOLUME IS FULL , PROFILE IS NORMAL, AND BEDSIDE MODE IS NOT ON!

THIS IS INSANE. i'VE HAD BLACKBERRY 13 YEARS. SURE THERES BEEN BUGS HERE AND THERE BUT AS A LOYAL FAN FOR SO MANY YEARS I'M QUATIONING MY LOYALTY.

THIS IS A DEAL BREAKER FOR ME IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS! .  i HAVE FREINDS ON ROGERS, TELUS, BELL ETC AND WE ALL HAVE THE SAME ISSUE.

IF WE DONT HAVE AN UPDATE TO FIX THIS IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS ME, MY 7 FREINDS WITH THIS ISSUE , AND THE 35 BLACKBERRY'S WE JUST ORDERED AT WORK ARE ALL GOING BACK.

LOVE THE NEW PHONE BUT THIS BUG IS TOO BAD TO ACCEPT AND WAIT WEEKS OR MONTHS FOR A FIX.

BLACKBERRY/ RIM WHERE ARE WE AT WITH A FIX FOR THIS? ITS WELL DOCUMENTED ON THE INTERNET. WE NEED A FIX ASAP

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

We really must use all caps?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Carrier: Rogers

YES WE MUST. THANKS FOR THE HELPFULL POST BTW.

THIS IS A SERIOUS BUG AND ITS WELL KNOWN YET NO FIX.

I'D LIKE TO SEE SOME RESPONSE FROM RIM ON THIS. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

QUIT YELLING AT EVERYONE! YOU'RE YELLING AT THOSE WHO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PROBLEM!

This is a peer to peer support community. RIM rarely comments here. The best thing to do is contact your carrier and have them escalate the problem to RIM (renamed BlackBerry)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II

Oh, looky.  RIM (BlackBerry) has officially commented on this.  They know of the bug and it has been escalated to their team for resolution.  Now can you stop yelling? 

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33694

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

Same issue here. Tech support had me wipe everything off BlackBerry and start from scratch......wasn't impressed. Same issue with colleague, who was told by T support 'not' to use that procedure to fix problem......what's up with this phone?
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Hope you have all had a chance to install new update. Keeping fingers crossed but it appears bluetooth/notificatios issue may have been resolved.

[ Edited ]

If your screen is locked but the display is on and you pull down from the top it activates bedside mode.  By default, my bedside mode was set to "all alerts off" or something like that when I first got the phone. 

It's possible that yours is set the same, and the equivalent of a pocket dial may be occurring that sets your phone to bedside mode.  This could explain the symptoms you are describing.

I only accidentally discovered this "feature" and it took me a little bit to figure out how to activate it intentionally. 

Anyway, the bedside mode is a really useful feature to me as it allows me to still receive emergency calls at night (if set to phone calls only) and still be able to sleep if there are no emergencies.

This may be on overly simplistic observation, but I thought I would put it out there.

BTW, I don't currently use bluetooth, so I can't add to that part of the conversation.