Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Swisscom

my hopeless Z10

Hey guys. I had to open a new thread because things got even more complicated. Let me start off by saying that I love my Z10 but the last couple of days were a horror trip. A few days ago my BB randomly could not receive any text messages. Whatsapp messages were only showing up when I opened the app. No notifications in HUB at all.

This morning it started to reboot itself all the time. It crashes and restarts and crashes and restarts and that goes on and on but when I connect it to my PC it works fine. I didn't know what to do so first I did a security wipe and then reloaded the OS. After the OS reload the welcome procedure started (the one that pops up when you start it for the first time). Then after the first step of the system update it crashed (or restarted itself) and now it's continuing with the second step as if nothing happened. Is that normal? What should I do if it still keeps rebooting after all this?

Contributor

Re: my hopeless Z10

[ Edited ]

okay so the update was finished and it worked for one hour and then it crashed again =(

Contributor
My Device: No Device
My Carrier: No Provider

connect to pc while using, what else you can do.

Sandeep Sharma
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

@Sandeep, you're not being helpful.

@loveZ10, Does it work OK if you plug it into the charger? I'm suspecting a battery problem if it works fine when plugged in but reboots when not plugged in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Contributor

thank you for your respond. I think I found out what the problem is: seems like the charger is not staying in place properly. Everytime when I move too much the BlackBerry dies. I put a piece of thick paper in to fill the space. no more restarts since then..It's strange because my BlackBerry never fell so hard that it could be damaged..I'll have to send it back for repair right?

anyways I do receive text messages now but I can't open them. I also get a whatsapp notification but not in HUB. Its just the little red star showing on the app!