Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10-STL100-3
My Carrier: T-Mobile

need help recovering e-mails

I accidently deleted some emails from my aol acount and I wasn't able to recover any of those emails. I went to my email on my computer and there was nothing in aol. On a support forum it said that they might go to gmail because of the "gmail world". Nothing. Then I went to outlook because, again it said that you might find it there. Nothing again. Can anybody help me solve this?

Thanks,

Apollo-BB 

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: need help recovering e-mails

Hello,

So, you deleted an email on AOL, and you have no backups anywhere, and you want help recovering that email via your BB? I'm not sure if that's what you are asking or not, but I suspect the answer is no.

In general, restore of lost data requires a source of that data. If you take a backup of your data on Monday, then delete something on Tuesday, you can recover it on Wednesday from the backup taken on Monday. But, if you never take any backup, then there is no source of restore...and you've said nothing about taking any backups, so I can only assume you've not done so.

Hence, I deduce that the email you desire is gone for good. The only place that could perhaps recover it would be AOL, and you say that they already have said they cannot do so.

So, you learn a hard lesson -- there are two kinds of computing device users...those who have lost data, and those who will. Backups, like insurance, are neither a reactive nor an optional activity.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................