Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: EE

new call answer option is painful

please BlackBerry on the next minor update, add a choice to have the old way of answering a call on the z10 as its pianful to stretch a thumb down to the bottom and then swipe away from the centre
Thanks.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: new call answer option is painful

Strange, I found it a pain to reach halfway up the screen and drag my thumb down. I find it much easier to drag my thumb downward then toward the left.

To each his own, I guess.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Each to his own indeed. I think I'm getting old as reaching across the four inch screen is painful for other things too. I would be ok left handed Smiley Happy
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

crackberrybod wrote:
please BlackBerry on the next minor update, add a choice to have the old way of answering a call on the z10 as its pianful to stretch a thumb down to the bottom and then swipe away from the centre
Thanks.

I am with you, I am some one with mobility problem and I need to use a cane to walk, with the original way to answer the phone I was able to do it when I was commuting back and forth, with the new one unless I use both hand I can not answer the **bleep** phone.

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor

Let's hope BlackBerry devs read this then. I wish us both good luck on this
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

I kinda liked the pulling down bar to answer calls.... With the newer bottom swipe feels like I`m using my Samsung...

New Contributor

And that was my secondary issue. It was different Smiley Happy. I'm considering going back to 10.2.0.1803 but am just weighing up the deal now... what will I lose now? Hmmm....
New Contributor

And I'm now back on 10.2.0 for a while Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: z-10
My Carrier: att

Having had a good blackberry phone I find every thing about the Z10 painful. I had to answer the phone and I have no idea how I did it.  Remember when you just picked up the phone and said hello.

"Manage your work and life faster and more easily than ever with the latest BlackBerry® 10 OS update." Thats a joke. Never had a problem with a blackberry until now.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I've had a few BlackBerry devices and I am enjoying the z10 but I know what you mean about how things have gotten better for some and worse for others. I came from a bold 9900 to the q10 then the z10. On balance I am happy especially as I've gone back a version Smiley Happy