Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

new laptop & connecting problems

I have a new laptop with Win8.  Finally got Link to at least see the device & I can see pictures etc. on there.  I can't get it to back up & I can't connect like like it's a drive & copy pictures off. 

I have turned on Access ... connect to Windows... using wifi.... & USB Mass Storage ON...

Is there something I have to do to get that to work on Win8?  I prefer to connect like it's a drive & open in an instance of Explorer then c&p my pictures off.  It's easier than sync because I'm too old school for sync Smiley Tongue

TIA

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: new laptop & connecting problems

I always thought Mass Storage had to be OFF for your phone to be used as a drive and therefore have its contents seen on your PC.

Any thoughts from anyone else?  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: new laptop & connecting problems

"I always thought Mass Storage had to be OFF"

No, I don't think so. In fact, when you turn it ON you get a message telling you... "when USB mass storage is turned on, files on your media card are accessible only from the USB device you're connected to"