Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

new z10. cant send bbm msg to couple contacts

I've got the new z10. I had everything from my old phone transfered over. I cann msg most BBM contacts except 2. One being my best friend. It's a pain. He can msg me, pin me. But I can't do the same to him. What is wrong? What can I do?
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: new z10. cant send bbm msg to couple contacts

Hello chado85,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

If you are able to send to other contacts successfully, I suspect the issue is not with your services and may just be an issue between you and this specific contact. As a test, try to delete the contact from your list, then re-add them and test messaging once again.

Let us know if you continue to experience this issue.

Thank you. 

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

We've tried it. Deleted each other and re-added each other using every method possible.( in putting pin, scanning bar code, tagging tapping). He can msg me and ping me but when I msg or ping him I instantly get a red "X"
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10, Z10 and 64GB PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I'm running into exactly the same problem. My son and wife are my BBM contacts. I can send and receive successfully with my wife but only receive with my son. He has a Z10 and my wife a 9810 if that matters. Carrier is Bell Mobility.