Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

no audioI

yesterday, I used the hands free function for a call on my new Z10. Since then, people haven't been able to hear me on BBM audio calls, I can't hear music or videos when I play them and every time I hit what I think is the mute button,  I start the voice commands. The only time I hear sounds is the bell with voice commands or with notifications. I can also hear audio when my earphones are plugged in. I know this is a settings issue but I don't know how to fix the settings. Can someone help walk me through the steps to restore the sound?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: no audioI

Hi alan510 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

I assume you are using a Bluetooth headset for the hands free capabilities? If so, what type of Bluetooth headset is it and have you tested it on any other devices, specifically BlackBerry smartphones?

Thanks!

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. No, I wasn't using any blue tooth at the time. I have tried to tap on the mute button to restore audio for music and video playback but to no avail. My sounds still work for notifications though. I went so far as to do a security wipe and I had sound for a while but it doesn't work again. There must be a conflict happening somewhere but I don't know where. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Update: I think I have figured it out. It was blue tooth related
It seems my pairing of my phone with my music gateway was still on. Once I turned the blue tooth off, the sound was restored. Newbie mistake.