Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

no audioI

yesterday, I used the hands free function for a call on my new Z10. Since then, people haven't been able to hear me on BBM audio calls, I can't hear music or videos when I play them and every time I hit what I think is the mute button,  I start the voice commands. The only time I hear sounds is the bell with voice commands or with notifications. I can also hear audio when my earphones are plugged in. I know this is a settings issue but I don't know how to fix the settings. Can someone help walk me through the steps to restore the sound?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: no audioI

Hi alan510 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

I assume you are using a Bluetooth headset for the hands free capabilities? If so, what type of Bluetooth headset is it and have you tested it on any other devices, specifically BlackBerry smartphones?

Thanks!

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. No, I wasn't using any blue tooth at the time. I have tried to tap on the mute button to restore audio for music and video playback but to no avail. My sounds still work for notifications though. I went so far as to do a security wipe and I had sound for a while but it doesn't work again. There must be a conflict happening somewhere but I don't know where. 

New Contributor

Update: I think I have figured it out. It was blue tooth related
It seems my pairing of my phone with my music gateway was still on. Once I turned the blue tooth off, the sound was restored. Newbie mistake.