Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

preexisting text app reinstall

I thought I'd uninstall & reinstall my husbands z10 text app... the one that comes on the phone... because he can't send or receive pictures via his text app.. (bbm works fine but his sister doesn't have bmm)

When I look in the BB World, I don't see this app listed.  If I uninstall it, is there any way to get back this app.?

TIA

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: preexisting text app reinstall

You can't remove the text app. It's built in to the hub. You can remove the shortcut icon to it and the only way to get it back is to wipe the device. You should still be able to go to the hub, hit the button on the bottom left and go to Text Messages.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor

Thanks. He.still has the shortcut.

Then I wonder why he can't send or receive pictures?
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Do you both have the same device on the same carrier and yours works?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor

Different carriers. His is given by work.. everyone at his work can send & rec.
Guru II

My guess is the settings for MMS are gone or messed up In the hub go to More >Settings >Text Messaging. There is an advanced button at the bottom there that should have the settings...I think it's MMSC URL or something like that.

It might be possible to reset it by removing the sim card, booting it back up, then put them sim card back in again. If not, contact his carrier for the right settings.

Super Contributor

You are correct! Mine has a url & his did not. I shut down, took out card, turned on. Turned back off and put,card back in. It worked!! Awesome

Thank you!
Guru II

Excellent!