Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: cellcom

problems with new Z10

Hi I bought Z10 from kuala lumpur and I realised after a week that my headphones slot wasnt working. I need help where to be contacted and get it repaired.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: problems with new Z10

On your homescreen should be a Help icon. Open it then press Testing at the bottom of it and proceed to the headphone jack test and post back here with your results.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

I have tried doing them so many times and I did them again now. When headset is plugged in it is ok but when I play music its being played on the speaker only not the headphones 

Elite II

[ Edited ]

When playing most audio, you have the choice of headset or speaker. While your audio is playing, press the three dots in the lower right and select Audio then select Headset.

Let us know if that helps you. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

Yeah I tried it too. Hand set is detecting my headphones but music is being played on the speaker itself.

Its the new phone and I am facing problems

Elite II

It sounds like you have a hardware issue and you should take your phone to your carrier for servicing. Make sure you do a data backup with BlackBerry Link before doing so. If your phone is one year old or newer, it'll still be under warranty.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

Yeah it looks like a hardware issue. And I hope the warranty applies as it is a new and less than 2 months. Can u help me in finding a BlackBerry store in melaka malaysia