Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: Blackberry
Accepted Solution

proximity sensor and light sensor not working

My proximity and light sensors are not working. BlackBerry virtual expert can't detect motion in proximity sensor test and shows that these sensor are available and not able to handle light dim or high in light sensor. what should i do when i contact blackberry help via twitter they sad you os version is higher that supported than our carrier is it my fault i update it when you prompt me. there is no any direct contact email of costumer care help

.saini
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: P4 sp. z o.o.

Re: proximity sensor and light sensor not working

[ Edited ]

I have nearly the same issue. In my case BBVE claims the sensors to be unavailable. They stopped working after the latest system update to version 10.2.1.2977. 

This situation looks similar to the last year's sensor problem, when they died after update.

BlackBerry, any comment on this? This seems a very common issue.

I have BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2 for reference.

This issue is extremely annoying so please create a fix ASAP.

New Contributor
My Device: z10 -st-2
My Carrier: 447704323266

Have also had this issues since 10.2 update. Never got fixed when they said they did. Highly annoying, 

Have had the sensor checked and no issue hardware wise. Can someone let me know how to fix this? Can I downgrade os, and upgrade again? Pur sceurity wipe and resintall doesn't work.

Kind regards,

MItra

Developer

you should downgrade your os to 10.0 first . if the problem is not resolved after that then go to your service center near by you and consult with them about it,...Smiley Happy

.saini
New Contributor
My Device: z10 -st-2
My Carrier: 447704323266

Serached to forum a bit quickly, but not sure I can find a way to get back to 10.0.

Where do I get the softwware as mblackberyy link, and the software update on the bb10 website only gives me the latest firmware version.

Developer

I think it can be done through serivce center's executives you should
contact them.
.saini
New Contributor
My Device: non-Blackberry user
My Carrier: none

I have BlackBerry z10 and I had the same problem ( proximity sensor was not working while being on call) and it started only available the update 10.3.1.1565. Then I noticed that my sensor was working before the update, that meant that hardware was okay. It might be the problem with the update. But I had got a new glass guard for the protection of my phone screen, I thought to remove it and then check. To my surprise, now it is working fine. I suggest you, if you also have some screen guard or glass guard on your phone, remove it and then check if it works. For me it did.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

hae a blackberry passport of whichthe light and proximity sensors are not working.because of which the keyboard light doesnt get lit up even in the dark and also auto brightness doesnt work.Please Help.I am running on OS 10.3.2.2836

Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

[ Edited ]

@jainaman11 If you are using a screen protector, remove it, then test sensors with the BBVE app. If there is still an issue, do a soft reset by holding down the up and down volume buttons, then test again. 

- Ira
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

[ Edited ]

@aiharkness i aint using any guards. i have done the wipe,OS reload everything still its the same. Even the red light on the side of speaker grille is permanently on