Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Optus

"Unable to connect to the BlackBerry ID server. Please try again. (50500)"

We have a user that is continually getting asked to verify his blackberry ID. Whenever the device turns on, tries to access apps etc.

Whenever he types in his correct Blackberry ID details (verified as we are able to login at http://au.blackberry.com/bbid.html without any issues, both on PC and from the devices browser itself) we are met with the following error;

Unable to connect to the BlackBerry ID server. Please try again. (50500)

We have tried nearly every possible way to get around this, tried seperate BBID's (none work), different networks, resetting passwords, clearing browser cache, removing wifi networks, battery pulls etc etc. We were resigned to the fact that the device would have to be wiped however we cant even connect it to Link to take a backup without it saying "please sign in with your blackberry id on your device" within the Link window in order to backup certain stuff.

Can anyone recommend anything we can do to either fix this issue, or try and allow us to take a full backup - (note; we have already tried disabling all networks on the device and no internet connectivity on the PC its connected to and trying to run a backup as well but to no avail).

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: "Unable to connect to the BlackBerry ID server. Please try again. (50500)"

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB33916 "Unable to connect to the BlackBerry ID Server (50500)" is displayed when attempting to change the BlackBerry ID Password or Recovery Question on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Unfortunately, it has nothing useful (except for at least knowing that BB knows of the issue).

You might try some of the things from this "sticky" post:

Otherwise, you might need to ring up your mobile service provider and convince them to escalate you to formal BlackBerry support.

Good luck and let us know!

VIA | Hall of Famer II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Q5/Connection-id-Error-50500/m-p/2592423/highlight...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"