Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10(white)
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: random restarts / reboots

Can you please fix this random reboots.... so annoying. I was just playing Six Guns and just like that BOOM!!!!! Reboot. This is not the first time, I got the Z10 on launch (white) from VZW and within hours of me diving into the OS the rebooting started. Please fix... life long blackberry fan
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10(white)

As I was posting in the random reboot forum about my Z10 shutting down guess what happen..... it reboots. come on guys you hear our cries were asking for your help. We stood by you and waited and waited and waited now you gave us this awesome device with this major flaw....... let's keep this relationship going, can you please fix it....
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

I don't think it is provider specific at all.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook 16GB

JSanders - You mentioned that you hadn't had a reboot since you reloaded the OS. Is this still the case? I am going to do it, if it helps.

Thanks,

Joe

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

No, that is not the case now. Sorry.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thanks! No point in wiping it then. Smiley Sad
Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: tmobile

i've discovered something that seems to be working for me.  during the first week or so of ownership, there was a lot of learning the phone and playing with it... i remember not having problems with random reboots... then i started keeping wifi on all the time... i read somewhere that they designed it so leaving wifi on all the time doesn't hurt battery life... i gave that a try for about 2 weeks... and i believe that's where the problems started... i have now turned wifi off and not used wifi for 4 days straight without a random reboot... i'm going to keep it off for longer to see how this test turns out...

i remember back when i had my 9700, i had constant random reboots while on wifi at work... blackberry support/tech was never able to figure out why it kept rebooting... i went through i think 2 exchanges and each phone would randomly reboot... but only at work... i finally figured out that it was not only the wifi on the phone, but the particular router at work... for some reason it didn't like to communicate with the router at work, but had no problems with my router at home... 

anyway, i have no idea if this helps out anyone...

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

For me the reboots seem to be absolutely random. But my new device did not reboot as much as my old one. All in all it did 3 reboots in 1,5 weeks, mostly at night, so I will stick to the Z10 and wait for 10.1.. Smiley Happy

Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: tmobile

[ Edited ]

perhaps it's a combination of features being turned on...

i've also noticed with wifi off, it's been quicker to getting gps lock through apps such as waze.  maybe it's just a coincidence.

i have bluetooth on, nfc off (never use it), wifi (used to be on 24/7 now it's off)

Contributor

Originally, I believed that the re-boots were ONLY happening while connected to bluetooth in my car. That is the VAST majority of them. However, I have experiences two or three re-boots when not using bluetooth, and in each instance, I was connected to WiFi (two different locations)

They don't seem to be as frequent as they once were. Still trying to see a pattern, but none yet.