Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: STC

Re: random restarts / reboots

I am really annoyed with a. similar problem in my BB Z10. difference is it doesnt restart/reboot, but only turns OFF Please refer to my post with Subject: BLACBERRY Z10 SWITCHES OFF RANDOMLY ON ITS OWN. Looks like a common problem with BB OS.

Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3, Passport
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Who is your carrier? I purchased my Z10 on Saturday from T-Mobile (STL100-3 running 10.0.10.85).

Have not yet loaded or sideloaded any additional apps. I observed the phone reboot twice on Tuesday, while driving and Bluetooth connected to my headset (wireless off, nfc off).  Also observed the phone reboot once on Wednesday while just sitting there on my desk (BT off, wireless off, nfc off).  On Thursday the phone froze while I was writing a text, then rebooted (BT off, wireless off, nfc off). No SD card in the socket at the moment.  GRrrrr.... Who knows how many reboots I've not noticed?

Hope this problem is resolved soon! This is my first Blackberry, LOVE the phone, but when you pay over $500 for a device you expect it to work correctly, no? 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

VZW reporting in - about 4 reboots a day.  On my THIRD device - so idk HOW people have Veizon phones that aren't....ugh

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 RFF91LW
My Carrier: Digicel/Airtel/3/T-Mobile

As suggested, this issue needs to be escalated up to BlackBerry via carrier customer complaints as soon as possible. If as BlackBerry would have us believe, so many users are coming over from other platforms, such an annoying and serious problem could drive them back to their old platforms!
I've had a Galaxy S3 do that rebooting thing every so often, but Samsung is not the one trying to convince people that they're on the comeback trail.
Contributor

Absolutely. I'll be bringing this up with T-Mobile tonight. A phone that repeatedly reboots is unacceptably problematic. Again, aside from this issue, I'm very happy with the Z10 (with a few minor exceptions).  I've been a Droid user since I purchased my first smartphone a few years back. I decided to go with a BlackBerry this time around for a host of reasons, and really hope I don't grow to regret my decision.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 RFF91LW
My Carrier: Digicel/Airtel/3/T-Mobile

Once they sort this issue out, I don't think you'll regret your decision. It's a new OS so initial problems are likely. It launched with much more functionality than Android or iOS did. I used Symbian, iOS, older BB and just sold my Android to get the Z10. No issues at all and so much easier to communicate!! Keyboard beats all others. Some more refinement and apps and it will be all worthwhile.
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

2nd that, once the reboots are sorted and 10.1 is out, you will not regret that!

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10 - User
My Carrier: Telekom

It 's a shame, the same happens with my Z10. I've made an exchange, for a long time everthing seemed to good. But now random restarts - without touching it in any way.

I've installed after exchange only one app - barcoo. Can't explain what the reason maybe. I 've there is no fix this will be the last Blackberry for me.

Contributor

My Droid 2 did some random rebooting when I first got it, that was eventually resolved by Motorola. High hopes that all will be well with the Z10 also. I'm disappointed, but not thrown too much by this glitch yet (as long as it is resolved soon) because it is after all, a new OS. Cheers!

Contributor

And yes, I second the keyboard. I prefer a physical QWERTY, but got the Z10 in part based on the reviews of it's keyboard. I'm not regretting that decision in the least. Smiley Happy