Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: No Longer Using.
My Carrier: N/A

Re: random restarts / reboots

[ Edited ]

I'm curious how you've been faring. 

Something else I've decided to try is to take off the screen protector. It seems possible there's current going over the screen constantly when the plastic is attached, causing it to short out.

Gave up on BlackBerry and delisted all apps.
Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

FYI, all:

I upgraded to the official released OS 10.1.0.2354 on Thursday afternoon, it is now Saturday morning, and I have not had one reboot since. it's the first 24+ period I've gone since April 4th on the is Verizon Z10 with no reboot.

So, fingers crossed, hoping it was resolved.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 2166506921

This is encouraging. My Verizon Z10 is currently running on 10.0.9.422. But when I check for updates it tells me I need the latest software.

Do you know of a manual option for updating? I know it's a different topic, but it relates directly to this thread. We're all eager to see this resolved.
New Contributor
My Carrier: 2166506921

* have the latest software
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have done everything humanly possible to sort the issue - factory reset, working only with standard issue apps, removed data card etc. the phone still keeps restaring.

This is frustating and irritating, makes me wonder if i should have settled for Iphone or samsung

PS ~ The blackberry service is pathetic in India; bb has outsourced the same to redington

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 RFF91LW
My Carrier: Digicel/Airtel/3/T-Mobile

Indiantk which provider are you using and did you previously have a BlackBerry and BIS plan?
See the long post above by member 'SimCard' and check with your provider if indeed there may be some sort of account settings conflict. Seems like we're all pulling at straws with this issue but good to see if it's hardware, software or provider related.
I'm currently in India and using my STL-003 with Airtel and no issues at all. Software version 10.1.273.
Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Plunjer wrote:
Indiantk which provider are you using and did you previously have a BlackBerry and BIS plan?
See the long post above by member 'SimCard' and check with your provider if indeed there may be some sort of account settings conflict. Seems like we're all pulling at straws with this issue but good to see if it's hardware, software or provider related.
I'm currently in India and using my STL-003 with Airtel and no issues at all. Software version 10.1.273.

It is not a SIM card issue, it's a software issue.

Scroll up four posts and see mine dated 1 June, since my upgrade now over 72 hours, I have had no random reboots. For two months previous, I had constant 2-6x random reboots each day.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3, Passport
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm not convinced it is a software issue, at least not in my case. Why not? Because I've had ZERO reboots since I've had my replacement device (ten days so far). Its running the same OS version, etc. as my last device, which was rebooting itself since the first day I took it out of the box. As before, I have two Gmail accounts and a Facebook account set up. That's it. No sideloaded or downloaded apps. I'm using it in exactly the same way. I am pleasantly surprised, and knocking on wood over here. Time will tell.

Contributor
My Carrier: Koodo

[ Edited ]

Plunjer, thanks for the confirmation. This is my first smartphone (nevermind Blackberry), so I don't have any other wall chargers. I'm wondering if I asked koodo for a new charger if they'd swap it for me instead of making me send the phone in to BBRY?

However, I do have a car charger, and while I haven't used it much, I've never had the phone reboot while plugged into the car charger.

Had an idea: I'll try charging it via the USB port on my PC instead of the wall charger. I'll leave it plugged in overnight and in nighttime mode. Let's see if it makes a difference.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I'm using Vodafone. Yes, i previously had a blackberry and BIS plan, but the same has now been deactivated and using the standard 3g internet plan. I'm not sure if its sim card issue because my mails (microsoft exchange), bbm etc are working properly.

My model no. is STL100-1