Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: No Longer Using.
My Carrier: N/A

Re: random restarts / reboots

I only have the red one.

I attempted to install a leaked OS but was unable to do so because I don't run Windows. It never connected to the device and the problem remains unchanged from before and after, so that's not the cause. The process for doing such an update is unacceptable. It took me all of 5 minutes to get the iOS 7 beta running on my iPhone.

It took over 2 weeks of waiting but I got an e-mail from BlackBerry the other day asking me to e-mail them diagnostic data the next time it reboots.

The thing that bugs me most of all is that I went to the conference in Orlando and they really had an opportunity to talk about how hard they are working to fix known issues and when they expect them to be delivered. They failed to do so and really dashed any enthusiasm I had for continuing to develop and improve my BlackBerry World App. I doubt I'm the only one who felt that way.

Finally, to JSanders, I'm simply exposing the absurdity of the situation. This thread is so long and full of people complaining about the issue, an issue which is documented in much the same way in dozens of threads on dozens of sites. And yet, the company still fails to deliver any sort of notice about the problem and how they plan to fix it except their marketing campaign slogan that flys in the face of what they're actually selling.

If it's an issue of getting carriers to approve of the upgrade (a solvable problem), they should be working DAY AND NIGHT to force those updates through the approval process or just make it available via BlackBerry Link. If it's a hardware issue, they need to identify the scope of the problem and notify their investors.

It only took a month or so before Apple was issuing people free cases for their iPhones when they were "holding it wrong." They made a public announcement and got it over with. So fire up that shipping label printer and start folding some RMA boxes, BlackBerry. 

Gave up on BlackBerry and delisted all apps.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

If an OS update will fix it then it is up to the carrier to allow it to be pushed out. I know this part sucks as I am waiting for an update as well.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Nolte wrote:

Finally, to JSanders, I'm simply exposing the absurdity of the situation. This thread is so long and full of people complaining about the issue, an issue which is documented in much the same way in dozens of threads on dozens of sites. And yet, the company still fails to deliver any sort of notice about the problem and how they plan to fix it except their marketing campaign slogan that flys in the face of what they're actually selling.

This thread is mostly full of people trying to help each other and understand the randdom reboots.

Again, IF you are a developer, would know how these threads work and not bouncing in with all the vague references and attacking something you really don't know much about. Learn to ask for help.

The general random rebooting issue IS fixed for most users with OS 10.1.0.2354.

Regarding your feeling from returning from Orlando, I was there, and with ALL of the other developers I know and met with and continue to communicate with, you actually are one of the FEW who feels the way you do with dashed ethusiasm and lost hope.

BACK ON TOPIC:

How often does yours reboot?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

On average once a day. Yesterday it did it 3 times right in front of me while I was downtown, though. That's why I bothered to come back and reply to this thread and troll. I usually just delete the half a dozen daily notification e-mails I get when yet another person responds to this thread with yet another case that remains yet to be resolved. 

It also forgot my e-mail password (again).

Why can't they or I perform the updates via BlackBerry Link?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Nolte wrote:

Because Carriers control it.

You can however install a leaked OS if you want to but your carrier wont support your issues after unless you downgrade prior to calling in

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Nolte wrote:

You really should be posting in the BlackBerry® 10 Limited Edition Trade-upsection this forum.

Nolte wrote:

Mostly likely that Mobilicity has not released the upgrade.

Nolte wrote:

On average once a day. Yesterday it did it 3 times right in front of me while I was downtown, though. That's why I bothered to come back and reply to this thread and troll. I usually just delete the half a dozen daily notification e-mails I get when yet another person responds to this thread with yet another case that remains yet to be resolved. 

Backup with Link three separate backups (settings / Media / app data)

Install OS 10.1.0.2354 and do NOT restore the App Data part of the back, but you MUST back them up separately.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

[ Edited ]

knottyrope wrote:

You can however install a leaked OS if you want to but your carrier wont support your issues after unless you downgrade prior to calling in

He has an LE so the carriers don't support it in the first place.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Bye guys.

All those having the random reboots, yesterday BlackBerry published this Knowledge Base article on the issue:

KB34039 BlackBerry Z10 smartphone reboots randomly during normal usage

Environment

• BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
  • BlackBerry 10 OS versions 10.0.10.684, 10.0.10.672, and 10.0.9.2743
  • DT 7053652
  • PR 321595
  • DT 6869108
Overview
During normal usage, the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone restarts on its own.

Resolution
Upgrade to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.1.0.2050 or later if available.

Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-3, Passport
My Carrier: T-Mobile

The z10 I had with random reboots was running OS version 10.0.10.85 (as is my replacement that does not have the reboot problem). This version is not listed as having the reboot issue, though clearly my first phone did. And T-Mobile just released it's latest- 10.1.0.2006, which would seem to be earlier than something named 10.1.0.2050.

I've never been very involved with my smart phones (rarely even download an app), and I am now confused about how the OS versions are named (different ones for different carriers?).  Is the new T-mobile OS 10.1.0.2006 a fix for 10.0.10.85 users if you actually need 10.1.0.2050 or newer as the Knowledge Base article states? And is there even a fix for 10.0.10.85 since it's not listed by BlackBerry as one with a known issue?

I don't have the reboot issue with my new Z10, but I would like to understand the naming conventions. Can someone please help mitigate my ignorance on this topic?  Thanks!