Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: tim
Accepted Solution

recovery deleted photo (without SD card)

hello everybody! my father had deleted the photo on his phone... I am triyng to recover them, but i cannot connect the phone as phisycal drive.. it appears as network drive.. how can i do? i have windows 7 ultimate..thanks to all

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: recovery deleted photo (without SD card)

When you connect the phone to your computer it should be seen as a physical drive. You should see two drives. One is the SD card and the other is the internal memory of the phone.

For this to work, make sure you have Z10 the drivers installed. By installing the Link sofware the drivers are automatically installed when the Z10 is connected.

As for SD cards, when data is erased, it is not like with DOS and some operating systems where only the header ID flag in the directory table is changed, and the data is intact until some other data writes over it. The deleted flag tells the OS that the space is available and the space can be overwritten with new data.

In Windows when a file is normally deleted it is flagged to be part of the Waste Bin folder which is designed as a system folder. The file is not really deleted while in the Waste Bin Folder. It is in a sense re-alocated. When you tell the waste bin utility to delete the file, then it overwrites it entirely with the equivalent of 0's. This makes the file securely deleted. 

With SD cards the system is different. There is no waste area for the files. There is no easy access to re-set the delete flag. If you did more writing to the card, the flagged data can be easily over written. There are some utility programs out there that claim to be able to undelete files on the SD card. You will need a Windows computer and a card reader to do this. I found some software that are supposed to be able to do this. I never used them, or know if they will charge a fee to use it once it claims it can undelete the file.

https://code.google.com/p/sdcardrecovery2013/

http://www.icare-recovery.com/free/undelete-files-sd-card-freeware.html

Jerry G.
New Contributor

thanks for your reply! 

I probably explained wrong and I apologize for that!

the photos were on the internal disk of blackberry, and the problem is that i can't display it as a logical drive, therefore i can't scan with a software.. i have already installed blackberry link.

do you think I should try on another pc?

thanks a lot

Davide

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

ferencs wrote:

thanks for your reply! 

I probably explained wrong and I apologize for that!

the photos were on the internal disk of blackberry, and the problem is that i can't display it as a logical drive, therefore i can't scan with a software.. i have already installed blackberry link.

do you think I should try on another pc?

thanks a lot

Davide

Both the internal memory and the SD Card will show as a network drive on the computer even if you connect using USB

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor

yes, but in this way i can't use the software for recovery.. it is necessary the phisical or logical drive! there is a solution?
My Device: 5.1
My Carrier: Google

Follow recovery software works in following ways:

First scan your storage media where you lost your photos.

Second analyze the the available data for recovering.

Third recover the lost photos, videos, audios and other lost data.

Fourth restore the lost data to the specific location wherever you want.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

internal memory is protected and once a item is deleted there is no recovery unless you have a backup of device

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: ronaldclark656
My Carrier: ronaldclark656

think you are speaking about the data recovery in phone memory. in that case you can use Remo Recover Android software. it will get back your data from all types of SD cards

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

ronaldclark656 wrote:

think you are speaking about the data recovery in phone memory. in that case you can use Remo Recover Android software. it will get back your data from all types of SD cards

Sorry that wont work on internal phone memory

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Check this YouTube video about how to recover deleted photos from SD card:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SavV6ewpixM