Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodacom
Accepted Solution

reinstall app world

How do I delete and/or reinstall app world. My app world doesn't work. it doesn't install or upgrade any apps. I've tried pulling out the battery and restarting my phone, to no avail. Please help
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: reinstall app world

Try refreshing it first. Open BBWorld. Swipe down from the top and tap Settings >General >Refresh BlackBerry World.

If that doesn't work can you elaborate on exactly what happens?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Hi. When I refresh BBworld, the BBworld window just disappears.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That's what it is supposed to do. Does it work after that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

No. It still doesn't work.
Guru II

What exactly happens when you try to install an app?

Contributor

The app opens in BlackBerry World, but the "download" button is grayed out, so I cannot click on it to download new apps or upgrade apps that are already on my phone.
Guru II

Sounds like it's either blocked by carrier, parental controls, or an employer.

Contributor

Thank you very much! I went back to settings, parental controls and found that I had previously locked apps for download to prevent my son downloading apps on my phone! #blonde moment. Thank you so much! It works now...
Guru II

Excellent!