Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: lydia

ringer off

On my BlackBerry Bold phone it had the 'ringer off' option so I could stop the alert if the phone was interrupting something etc. Does Z10 have this option? If so how do I do that?

Also, is there away to screen shot on this phone?

Thanks.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: ringer off

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Lydiaa wrote:
On my BlackBerry Bold phone it had the 'ringer off' option so I could stop the alert if the phone was interrupting something etc. Does Z10 have this option? If so how do I do that?

Hmmm...I'm not sure I quite understand. You can use the "Notifications" settings so as to cause the ringer to be silent all the time, but I'm not quite sure that's what you are actually looking for. Can you be more specific perhaps?

Lydiaa wrote:

Also, is there away to screen shot on this phone?

Yup...hold the up and down volume keys together.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: lydia

On the blackberry bold, if you get a phone call but you are in the middle of something or its an inappropriate time to take a call but you haven't turned the notifications off, on the screen it comes up with 'ringer off' which silences the phone without you having to hang up. Is there an option for this in the z10?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Oh...OK...that makes more sense now. If it's not on the screen when its ringing, then I'd have to say no. I've not found anything for that.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2) -10.1.0.4181
My Carrier: Optus

I'm pretty certain that a "Reject call with Sms" option is coming in a future software upgrade in the not too distant future.
Disclaimer:
I know a little about lots of things,
yet not a great lot about those little-things.
Ultimately, I'm here to learn.