Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE UK

security wipe gone wrong

i was playing about with BB protect and locked my self out of my Z10, and the phone did a security wipe. how do i restore my phone, as security wipe will not complete it is just there on the screen.

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: security wipe gone wrong

Hi elmit22,

Sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone. How long has the security wipe been going on? Has it been able to complete? This KB article may provide more information on this. "Performing a Security Wipe on BlackBerry 10 takes longer than expected" KB33494

Let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: security wipe gone wrong

[ Edited ]

I found the security wipe on the Z10 takes a long time compared to the previous Blackberry phones I have worked with. I believe it can take between 15 to maybe more than 30 minutes depending on the amount of data involved.

Because of your particular circumstances, after the security wipe I would re-install the operating system. If you made a backup of the phone using the Link program you can then restore the data.

When looking around in Blackberry Protect take care. It is quick to act and very effective.

Jerry G.