Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: z10 stl100-3
My Carrier: mts

Re: sms frozen after installing 10.1.0. 4184 update

Love my BlackBerry. Hope the company can reinvent itself or merge with someone to bring it back.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook, Z10.
My Carrier: Rogers

I love my BlackBerry too. And it angers me that much more when I get a half working product, see the company struggle, get emails like they sent saying don't let us down, yet they're keeping their heads in the sand about that issue.

Still no word from blackberry...
Contributor

I un installed fb app. And my black berry has been fine. It acted up onces. So I installed fb and un installed it again and it worked after about 2 hours.
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Hi there, I have also had this same issue with my z10...happens 6-7 times a day and i have to restart my device to unfreeze sms...i am not techno savvy so is there a sokution to this problem? I run my business in part from my phone and this has been very time consuming for me. thank you, Julie
Contributor

Have u updated with the new os. .my phone used to freeze for a week at a time. restarting it never clear up the issue. This lasted for about two months. I also noticed it was from certain people so I assume their unique phone was giving my phone the problem. Now my phone freezes maybe once a day but works it self out with in a min.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook, Z10.
My Carrier: Rogers

There was one very long thread in my SMS, a person I traded many many messages with. Deleting that thread seems to have fixed my problem. 

I'm  guessing, at one point the SMS database gets so big that the phone can't handle it anymore. I haven't had the problem since. 

Not an ideal solution, far from it, but it worked for me. And as blackberry have been ignoring the problem, i had to go with what worked... 

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Well, it takes a lot of work to lose as much money as BB is right now. Sad, Sad, sad. I've been a power user since 2000, I've had 5 devices, sent millions of emails & text messages. I'm waiting for a keyboard iPhone or Android, then I am gone. Sad, sad, sad. But, I guess the founders are using their billions to find out what stars are made of - important stuff.

This is a simple indexing and memory allocation problem. It is an easy problem to fix.

Facebook might make it worse, but I don't have it on my Q10 and I never had FB on my device and I still get SMS freezing problems.

It always happens at midnight, when the date stamp on each text rolls over, and the BlackBerry decides to reorder the text messages (which is not necessary.)

This is an easy fix, but I doubt any at BlackBerry will fix it. It has been weeks since a BlackBerry rep appeared here. They are in big trouble. These forums are just misery boards. BlackBerry never found solutions when they were flush, so why would they now!?

Basically, BlackBerry does not understand text, and doesn't care about it. They want people on BBM.

I do have 3 solutions, one temporary, two permanent. Delete your chat threads at the end day. Install WhatsApp and forget about BlackBerry text app. Buy an Android or iPhone.

I did 1, now doing 2, enroute to 3.

Good luck all!

Vancouver, BC, Canada