Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: tim

sms trouble!!!!!

my SMS and MMS have been failing. My SMS will often freeze on one conversation for days and won't let me type or move to a different conversation, though I can go back to the hub or access my apps. Clicking on a different conversation just takes me back to the one that it froze on. Sometimes the entire conversation area is just grey and I can't see anything. I have tried rebooting the phone and pulling the battery, neither has helped. I have tried rebooting the line with the carrier but didn't help. Everything else in the Hub functions properly, just not my SMS.
Funny thing is that I had just the same problem with my previous Q10, I tried to fix the problem and in the end convinced myself if was a problem with the phone itself so I bought a Z10 and here we are again !!!!!!!!!!
Help!!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: sms trouble!!!!!

My SMS message thread, with long history, would freeze (or take a very long time) to load before I can reply to it. Does yours have a very long conversation history? I found that by deleting it and start it off fresh, it fixes the problem.

New Contributor

Yes mine has a very long history but it is because if this messages that I am keeping to buy only BBS, because I do not want to lose the same, and if course not deleting it!!!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

You can email the entry to yourself or someone else, save the email then delete SMS to free up memory space.

Find the text message in your HUB and tap, scroll to the entry you want to email and tap and hold.

Tap the share sign, tap email, tap TO:  tap recipient, tap done, tap Send (or tap Subject, type subject) tap Send.

It will send it as a ,txt file.

New Contributor

will it send to my email the whole conversation/history? I cannot send to my mail address a 4 year conversation one message one by one! in any case the hub is still frozen so I cannot do anything! It' been more than 2 months I am fighting with this matter!
Forums Veteran I

No it will not send the whole history, your extra long history is what is causing the problem, you are pushing the memory limit which will cause other problems. Most likely you will never recover those messages and you will have to reinstall factory settings to your phone.

New Contributor

OK, so how would I be able to save the sms on my laptop in order to delete them from the phone?
New Contributor

By the way, I have already reinstalled the factory settings on my previous phone (Q10) but it didn't solved the problem
Forums Veteran I

If you do not already have BlackBerry Link installed on your computer download it from link below.

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html?LID=ca:bb:software:desktopsoftwareSmiley Tonguec&L...

Once you have it try on your own or post back to the forum, I suggest starting a new post as I do not use this software and have no idea how it works.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

4 years of SMS message history? May I ask where do you save it? on your phone? on the SIM card? I'm amazed as I do not think I could do this