Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

so frustrated with Blackberry official dealers in UAE

This message is to bring in to your notice the disappointment and frustration I had with my recent experience when I took my blackberry to repair it 

I have been buying blackberry for the past 7 years and only from the official dealers, I know I pay more because I simply expect more or else I would pay less and expect nothing, and I think this is the last time I waste my time considering this brand, good brands reputation is built with a good customer service I believe. 

We all know how important the word of mouth is in every market, and I will make sure I will spread the right words that fits the service that I have received from EMS representing blackberry in our market. 

I am forced to say my experience will always make me think twice to recommend this brand to my friends / family and colleagues. 

I hope this mail does not go in deaf ears. I will explain the problem I faced in detail, Appreciate you take time to read it. 

I am forced to say my experience will always make me think twice to recommend this brand to my friends / family and colleagues. 
I have took my phone to repair it since I had a problem with the screen rotation and after 4 working days the customer service representative at Etisalat explained to me that EMS had replied that they had returned the phone without even checking and they will not repair it because it is bent which also will void the warranty , I asked him to explain what does he mean by the phone is bent or if someone can explain to me ,he said he don’t know , I have to visit EMS personally and they will be able to help me more because I couldn't find anyone there to discuss further details about this issue, so I had an appointment by email with Mr. Mustapha on the 19th of August and he asked me to bring my phone with me so they could show me and clarify the problem, so I had to drive 34 KM from where I work during the day to EMS repair center in Academic city , I have met Mr. Mustapha after waiting 45 minutes because he was having lunch with another technician ,I hand over the phone to Mr. Mustapha and I said please show me what’s the problem on the phone because you guys had returned it without even checking my concern ,he said he is been informed that the phone is physically damaged ,and I asked him again do you see the phone is damaged that it worth to reach to this kind of discussion ? Then he discuss with the technician and he asked me to give him few minutes, and then Mr. Mustapha return back and said apparently the problem is with your frame, we need to replace it but we do not have the part available now ,I’m sure if there was a problem with the phone or if caused any physical damaged as they have stated in the email, they would at least have proved it to me and they would not accept to fix the phone ,so I asked to keep the phone with them ,then Mr. Mustapha asked me to keep the phone with me and they will call me when they have the part available to visit them again ,I said how long would it take ,he reply he cannot promise me anything ,then I started to feel the lack of responsibility and professionalism live and in front of me ,I said my friend I’m not asking you to fix it tomorrow I’m just asking your how and when I will get this done ,then he reply that he can promise me it will not take more than 1 month ,then I asked for a confirmation email he said I should trust him and so I did . 
I waited for 3 weeks without hearing anything, and then I had to follow up , I tried to call Mr. Mustapha on his number, he didn’t answer so I sent an email as a gentle reminder that we are getting close to the period that he promised me, I did not get any reply on the email the same day ,the 2nd day in the evening I receive a phone call from Mr. Mustapha asking me to bring the phone because they have another technician which he is more expert and technician said the problem is not from the frame the problem from a part in the mother board and they will repair the phone on Saturday the 14th of September, I said fine I will pass by and drop the phone . 
Then I had to drive again to EMS repair center and I met Mr. Mustapha, and I hand over the phone and he mentioned that phone will be repaired on Saturday ,I said it is fine just give me a receipt that you have received it , he said I cannot give you any paper because I cannot enter your request on the system ,I said why ,he reply IT WILL BE AN OFFICIAL CLAIM if he enter it on their system ,I asked how will you repair my phone then ?he reply we will use some parts from another used scrap phone and EMS is doing it as a favor for me , I said sorry I do not need favors from you I just need to be treated as any customer buying your products ,then I took my phone again and he did not hesitate to fix my issue . 
I have paid money more than anywhere else in the market, I do not need favors from you sorry, I did you favors when I have been patient enough and my time is been so wasted . 
If you expect me to expect no customer service when I purchase your product from your official dealers then I expect to pay less money than Europe and the US. 
My point is that I believe my time is valuable and second your premium brand and your customers should be treated in valuable and professional manners as well. 
This is a brand reputation risk and as I mentioned earlier I will make sure I will speared this experience where ever I go in any way I can. 
This mail might not be of any importance to any of you , But I hope the as a senior management will consider this issue very seriously .

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: so frustrated with Blackberry official dealers in UAE

[ Edited ]

Good day

Welcome to BB forums

sorry to hear your troubles, that is a lot to take in. You can't blame BlackBerry for your carriers terrible service, or workers. You need to contact they mangers and place a complaint.

But I want to advise you that this is peer-to-peer community there no one on here that actually work for BlackBerry.

Good Luck Smiley Very Happy

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Agreed, Etisalat has a horrible reputation for customer service and BlackBerry cannot control that. It is unfortunate.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

well yeah i agree as well but the issue is with the main dealer for blackberry in the region which is EMS ,worst customer service you could expect .

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Have you contacted EMS?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor

• yeah since a month and till now ,horrible customer service ,if you are lucky they reply on your complain