Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: orange uk

text message problem after 10.2.1 update

I updated to 10.2.1 and I now receive no visual or sound notification for my text messages, they also only appear in the main hub not in the separate account for text messages it just says no entries in this view, can someone pleaseee help its driving me crazy, I've done a battery pull numerous times even disabled Facebook and Twitter notifications as I've seen in another post but nothings working,i really need help as I have no idea when I receive a text unless I go into the hub
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: text message problem after 10.2.1 update

I'm having the same problem.  Have you figured it out yet??

New Contributor

No :-( still no luck
Contributor

Does Blackberry monitor these forums??  I would hope so.

New Contributor

I have no idea, I just hope so too, as this problem is really annoying
Contributor

I found this on Crackberry.com   I haven't been able to try yet as I have a loaner Q10 right now.  My keyboard is being repaired.  Let me know if this works for you.

See below

This is a solution from the Blackberry support forum:

Believe it or Not i found a simple solution to this problem... 

First I did a factory reset on my cell to start from scratch with no contacts and etc... I then ask multiple friends to send me text messages (SMS) to see if i would get them. For hours, all my text message notifications were working fine. Next step, i setup my email accounts accounts...and once again all my notifications were still working fine. 

Next i logged into my facebook account and that's when all of a sudden after a few minutes. NO MORE NOTIFICATIONS. No text msg, no emails, no fbook notifications. The default FACEBOOK APP was the problem. I simply deleted the default FACEBOOK APP by tapping and holding the icon for 5 secs... and tap the top right corner of the garbage can and clicked YES to delete. Rebooted my cell and then went on Blackberry World to download the latest FACEBOOK APP and logged into my account. Ever since i did this all my notifications have been working fine. It's only been 24hrs but still it's a major step. I will continue to monitor the situation but my suggestion to you guys... FIRST THINGS FIRST is to delete the default FACEBOOK APP.... and before you re-download it reboot your cell and wait for a little while to see if you're getting your notifications.... then go ahead and re-download the Facebook APP from Blackberry World everything should be fine.

New Contributor

Thanks for that, I tried it but it didn't work for me
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 7152167428

I continue to have the same problem I noticed in the hub settings under hub management and then text messages.  This screen appears:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_xvAA6-kaSSWRyLVZHVG1iR1h4T3ZCT2tNalhoOEdmYjE0/edit?usp=sharing

This leads me to believe since you cannot change to "show in hub only" because it is greyed out that it is not even capable of doing it for some reason???

Hopefully this helps someone who can fix it!!!

My Device: Z10

I am having this issue as well, I have played around with Hub/Text setting on my Z10 and have had no luck.

New Contributor

I contacted blackberry help on twitter and they messaged me asking if I was having problems with notifications for anything else and for my pin so they could investigate more, so hopefully they get back to me with a solution