Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: EE

text messaging problems

Not receiving text messages unless I take battery out and reboot. After numerous phone calls to provider, they say it's an issue with the handset and not a network problem. (they have done all tests etc) I have done a security reset but still no joy. Help please!!!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: text messaging problems

The only thing I could suggest is to do a security wipe on the device and see if that helps. If not, reload the OS to the device using Link.

Since your provider is sure it's not their issue you should contact your provider again and ask that they escalate your case to BlackBerry. If they refuse then you need to insist. That's the only way to get it sorted for sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

If you have a lot of texts try deleting them (you can back them up using an app from BBerry World).
Developer
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Do you have a ton of texts saved?  Maybe too many?  You could try deleting some and sending a test message.

Otherwise, it seems unlikely to me that it is the handset.  If there is any way to try your sim in another phone, that would be my first test.  It would really narrow down if it is the handset or the network.

Developer
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Actually on second thought if it works after a reboot for a bit, then it may be an indexing problem.  Make sure you do not have tons of texts saved and perhaps free up some space on the device.