Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: tmobile

Re: unable to Sync BB10 after installing 10.1 with icloud calendar (caldav.icloud.com)

I have a Tmobile z10 and I had successfully been syncing icloud on my calendar through the caldav server.

But this weekend it stopped.  I am running BB OS 10.0.10.85.  Not sure if there was an update that caused this to stop working.

Now when I tried to re-install the calendar account on the z10, it tells me it cannot authenticate my account, although I know the password I am using is correct, as I have confirmed it by logging into my icloud account on my laptop.

Very frustrating, as I stuck with BB over the new Iphone at t-mobile based on the ability to sync with icloud. My contacts are still syncing, as far as I know.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9780, DevAlpha
My Carrier: Vodafone CZ

Re: unable to Sync BB10 after installing 10.1 with icloud calendar (caldav.icloud.com)

As I've investigate this case - looks like there is a problem with SSL certificate

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

How do you know? Is there a link to some post?
Contributor
My Device: Q10 and Z10
My Carrier: vodafone IT

in fact, it should be a problem of authentication, and then something about a ssl certificate ... I have also tried to enter different doors after the server address: caldav.icloud.com adding :443 and other ... the problem remains the same ...

I also thought it would be a spite from apple against bb, since the problem affixes, essentially, those like me who have gone from IP to BB ...

In any case, the BB silence is deafening !!!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

I agree. Cal sync allows me to completely move from IP to BB but this now presents a major roadblock for me. I hope this gets some attention soon.
Developer

As you can see - there is a reports the same problem with SSL SMTP and Lotus access. All of them depends on SSL realization / SSL certificate of course.

Another thing - this starts not only at 10.1, there is reports about 10.0.x.x. So, where is a problem? I hardly think - problem in SSL certificate (expired or CA expired?)

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Telus

I don't think ssl is the issue. I have posted in here because I have issues with caldav too. I don't use I cloud but a personal drive with a caldav application on it. It doesn't have ssl though I can enable it and I have tried both ssl and non ssl. Before I updated to 10.1, I could add my my caldav server but it never worked on my z10. But now I cannot even add it to my phone, it fails to authenticate. But all my other devices work and authenticate fine with the same settings. Sunbird, iPhone, etc. It is definitely a big issue with the blackberry OS. I'd love to see some acknowledgement from the rim team, this would at least give us some hope and reassure us, even if it is all b.s. Numerous tweets, emails, etc nothing. Unacceptable in my opinion. The only way is for us to bombard RIM until they listen. Tweet them, email them, they need to be made aware that this isn't an isolated case.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: tmobile

I've spent over 2 hours on the phone, and have just had my second call with RIM.  After the first guy failed to 

figure it out, he referred me to a Level 2 guy, who went through the same procedure.  I gave him my logins and he

verified he could not get the system to authenticate in his test environment. I just hung up and he says he needs some time to research and will call back within the hour.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Telus

Please keep us updated, if need be direct him here let him read our mess ha. Which number dud toy call?
Developer

>Numerous tweets, emails, etc nothing. Unacceptable in my opinion. The only way is for us to bombard RIM until they listen. Tweet them, email them, they need to be made aware that this isn't an isolated case.

There is other solution - full refund and purchase other device. I remember 3 days BIS outage.