Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Apple iPhone 5
My Carrier: O2

Re: unable to Sync BB10 after installing 10.1 with icloud calendar (caldav.icloud.com)

Erm, is KB34323 the same issue?  I ask as there are two anomalies with it:-

1)  The KB article says:- 

When attempting to integrate an iCloud calendar on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone the following message is displayed:

At this time, the caldav.icloud.com server is unavailable and your calendar account can't be added. Please try again later.

I didn't get this message - I got a "Your account <account name> cannot be authenticated with your service provider.  Please make sure the account settings are correct"

Interestingly, though, when I put in the incorrect password I got the following message:-

"Your login information for CalDav server [caldav.icloud.com] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings."

2) This article says it is a BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.1 issue, but I (and others in this thread) had it happening with the 10.0 version.

Has this still not been resolved?  And still no true acknowledgment of the issue.  What happened to the tech support person who chipped in on this thread 3 weeks ago?

Developer
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: unable to Sync BB10 after installing 10.1 with icloud calendar (caldav.icloud.com)

I doubt it's been resolved.  I've been trying to get my caledars working and I have come across all those error messages depending on the configuration I entered.  

iCloud calendars used to work out of the box when I first got my Z10.  I don't remember when my calendars stopped working but I think it was when I upgraded my OS.  Sucks, it was working so nice earlier.  =/    I'm on 10.0.10.85.  

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

After more in house testing we were able to recreate the issue. At this
point the message we are getting is "forbidden, you don't have permission
to access /public/Calendars/test on this server." So the connection isn't
allowing us in at this point.

Thanks again for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support.

My offline development teams who have continued to test this issue are
asking if that link should be able to open in the Internet Explorer
browser.

Even though I am not using icloud, I use my own caldav server which works fine with everything except the BB10 OS. Above is the responses I have had, after they sent me the top one I replied: "why can i get this to work in any other program/device except BB 10 OS e.g.. Sunbird, THunderbird, iPhone, etc. Remotely and locally. THey replied with the second one and from there I explained that they need to rule out the phone by using something that DOES communicate with the calendar via caldav and figure out why their OS doesn't.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9780, DevAlpha
My Carrier: Vodafone CZ

[ Edited ]

OMG! Stupids!

After more in house testing we were able to recreate the issue. At this
point the message we are getting is "forbidden, you don't have permission
to access /public/Calendars/test on this server." So the connection isn't
allowing us in at this point.

Thanks again for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support.

CalDav required PROPFIND method to get correct access path.

This is how you should typically do discovery in CalDAV.

1. Do a PROPFIND on the url the user supplied, requesting {DAV:}current-user-principal.
  2. Using this url, you do a PROPFIND to find out more information about the user. Here, you should typically request for the calendar-home-set property in the caldav namespace.
  3. Then, using the calendar-home-set, do a PROPFIND (depth: 1) to find the calendars.

Of course, if you request https://caldav.icloud.com/public/Calendars/test you've get 404 or 304 error. Indian coders!

Contributor

This all kinda went over my head to be honest, are you sugesting my url is wrong or the way the OS grabs information from the path?
Developer

Of course! Url must to be like as: https://p01-caldav.icloud.com/[user id]/calendars/ ..... 

I've check iCloud with my PHP script - it works perfectly with CalDav standards.

Contributor

You do know I'm not using icloud right I did say this further up. But this url works with other caldav clients. I actually have an OwnCloud sever too, this is: exampke.com/calendars/remote.php/caldav/usrbame/default. This works fine.
Developer

There is a RFC, that describe CalDav standards.

You've MUST to properly request CalDav servers, not 'cut the corners'. I've used OLD php script to get required data from iCloud servers and it works!

So, main problem in BB10 only, not at iCloud server side. They follow standards.

New Contributor
My Device: iPhone 4s
My Carrier: AT&T

I don't know about the Blackberry side of things, but for Thunderbird/Lightning the issue is that Apple specifically blocks requests from Lightning v1.91.  You have to change the Lightning user agent.  I found the solution here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5044421?start=0&tstart=0 , which points to the answer here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mozilla.support.calendar/ISvf4jRHrmo/ENBAxUnRVCQJ .

Maybe Apple is also blocking the Blackberry user agent?

Developer

I've check problem and found (about Lightning):

apparently there is a bug in Lightning that causes it to hammer the 
server with PROPFIND requests under certain circumstances in Lightning 
1.9.1, which was why it has been blocked.