Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
My Device: Bold 9780, DevAlpha
My Carrier: Vodafone CZ

Re: unable to Sync BB10 after installing 10.1 with icloud calendar (caldav.icloud.com)

Only one question - when this fix will be available?!

As we remember - BBRY confirmed global BIS outage at 3rd day only! Just compare it with iCloud/CalDav problem Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Re: unable to Sync BB10 after installing 10.1 with icloud calendar (caldav.icloud.com)

BUMP!

Developer

I give up. Month of silence and nothing. I've tried 10.2 - CalDav not working. So... 

1. Downgraded my Q10 to 9320

2. Purchased new iPhone 5 - works like a charm. Waiting for iOS7...

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Pffff. Thats bad. But I understand.... I posted a link to your solution on Twitter @blackberry and @blackberryhelp. No reply or whatsoever...

Contributor
My Device: Q10 and Z10
My Carrier: vodafone IT

terrible...

I really don't understand the silence of BB...

I wouldn't buy an iphone... I love my Q10...

But i was hoping more attention and care from BB...

especially to ex apple customers...

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Apple iPhone 5
My Carrier: O2

I totally agree with today's comments. It was plain to see within the first 3 days of this issue that Blackberry just isn't interested in this problem. So short sighted, as I originally thought that as bb10 seemed to hit the right middle road 'hey, we aren't going to compete against Apple or Android, but if you want something a bit different, independent and integrates with your google this, apple that or ms whatever this is the phone for you'.

For me, that approach was by far better than the race for the number of apps available. Apps will come when there are enough people wanting them and my belief is to offer a steady platform that integrates with android/apple/ms then business users will come back.

I too went back to the iPhone, reluctantly as I had invested both money (accessories additional chargers, covers etc) and time (set-up, working out work arounds where things just didn't quite do what I wanted and where apps were missing) in the Z10.

It had so much promise and after the initial launch and then this problem I then felt one of the forgotten few with BB not responding either here, in the knowledge base or via twitter.

I suppose it goes back down to good old fashioned customer service in the end and it doesn't matter how shiny your new gadget is, it is the after sales service that will make or break the deal.

I so would have stuck with the Z10, if BB had acknowledged the issue, offered a suggested work around and gave some indication of how long it will be before it was fixed. But, their silence on this and other issue is deafening.
Developer

There is only one workaround suggested - migrate to outlook.com or gmail

This is unacceptable for me: my wife share part of their calendar to me, i share part of my calendar to my wife, my dother school share calendar via CalDav using Apple SyncML (that does not work too!), my collegues share their calendars to me via iCloud...

So it does not helps me to migrate.

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi all,

I too reluctantly moved to the iphone after using the Q10 for a week.  I loved everything about the phone but just couldn't get my calendar and contacts to sync with my Mac and had to give in...

I have had some other communications with Blackberry but once I moved to iphone, I lost the motivation to post them ...so sorry.

Here they are:

1.  Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. It was my pleasure to work with you. I Thank you for the information.  I have followed the chain that you have provided to us. I currently am using 2 BlackBerry 10 devices and both have no issues with BlackBerry caldav/cardav using Gmail and also theOutlook.com email addresses. I appreciate you stayin with us even through the issue that you had and am sad to hear that you were unable to stay with a BlackBerry device due to the issues you were having. The information you have given us has been valuable and will be implemented to fix the problem you were experiencing. The other issues on the thread, need to be properly brought through to our support so that we can validate them to be the same as your issue or different to be able to escalate again.

Once more I thank you again for working with us to help create the escalation and be able to help others that are experiencing the same issue as you were. I will archive the case on our side at this time. 

2.  I just wanted to reach out to you and make you aware that I have created a Knowledge Based Article on our side in regards to the issue you were having. 

Title: KB34449 - BlackBerry Q10 smartphone Calendar and Contact synchronization fails with the error "Failed to sync with caldav. Will retry in the next sync interval" 
Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34449

Since this has been created and I've provided it to you, I will close out the case on our side.

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support. 

3.  As a follow up to INC######, the following summarizes your request:

If you have any questions concerning this request, please reply to this email within the next five (5) business days.   

Details:
Q10-v10.1.0.1483-Bell-unable to connect to iCloud , unable to authenticate    

Resolution:  
Created escalation and issue will be addressed in a future release of software.

If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us by replying to this message within the next 3 business days.   
Thank you again for contacting us. Have a great day.

4.  Today, I received a survey from RIM to ask about my experience with technical support - this should be fun :-)

Contributor
My Device: Apple iPhone 5
My Carrier: O2

Need to update the catchy slogan at the top of the page...

THE BLACKBERRY
EXPERIENCE

Re-designed.

Re-engineered.

Re-invented.

Un-supported.

Contributor
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: Rogers

I just synced my BBZ10 calendar with Outlook!! There was an update to BBLink (1.1.1.26). I downloaded and installed on my PC. I attached my BB10 by USB and the option to update and sync contacts and calendars came up for the BB10. I configured then tried sync. It first gave me an error - sync was unsuccessful but long story short I synced contacts alone first and it worked, Then I synced calendar using only last 30 days and future ( not entire calendar) and it worked!!!

Note I am using Icloud contacts and calendar within Outlook as my primary info.

I am not technically knowledgable but I can see my calendar on My BB10 now. Hurray!