Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: voice control after 10.2.1.537 update

The audible response is there but extremely faint. If you put the speaker to your ear you can here the audible. It's an obvious glitch. Hopefully a correction comes very soon, as this renders the phone useless when paired to my hands free Bluetooth.

Contributor
My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: verizon

Yes your right. i cant hear it when the phone is to my ear but I can barely hear a faint audio through my bluetooth. Hope this is a glitch they fix soon. This problem is now showing up on the z30 forum in the Crackberry forums

Developer
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

I've discovered that using only the basic voice control (ie. Not full voice control, but voice dialing only) works! Using the full voice control is broken.

So now at least I have a way to use bluetooth in my car, but still no way to do anything like send texts, etc.
Contributor
My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: verizon

FCM. Wow you are right!! Voice dialing only setting does bring the audio back. I have not tried it with the blue tooth yet but it works with the handset. Good discovery! Thanks for this. Amazing you discovered this one. A step in the the right direction. It shows there is a glitch for sure.
Contributor
My Device: Black Z10, STL100-3
My Carrier: Rogers

Nope.. changing to "dial calling only"  did  not work for me... No VOICE FEEDBACK isssue continues. No word from Blackberry either.  Very sad. Depended on this app big time.

Developer
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

lorneyboy wrote:

Nope.. changing to "dial calling only"  did  not work for me... No VOICE FEEDBACK isssue continues. No word from Blackberry either.  Very sad. Depended on this app big time.

Surprised that vocie-dialing ony did not work for you.  It seems to work for just about everyone else.  You may want to try this:

- shut off your bluetooth

- change your settings to voice-dialing only,.

- Hold down the middle volume button so it launches the voice app

- See if it says "Say a command".  If not, double check your volume at that point.

One more thing: temporarily remove SayIt if you have it installed.  It conflicts sometimes.  I had to turn off the run in background in permissions since there is a bug that causes it to keep running in the background even when you tell it not to.

Contributor
My Device: Black Z10, STL100-3

Done. Voice for dailing only is good now but useless when driving which is when the VOICE FEEDBACK is needed for texting etc. BLACKBERRY needs to update the VOICE CONTROL app. Alternatively, can we delete it and use an aftermarket version to replace ir?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z30

That's a good idea, but unfortunate we have to do it that way, I would still have to hold the phone and while driving it's still not he ideal solution.  Having my BB on bluetooth to my car and having to speak directly into and hear directly from my speakers in the car really makes a huge difference and truely makes it "hands-free".  Hopefully BB is fixing this as I type.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

same problem, same timing, same version updated.....
guess we're all waiting for BB to fix it?