Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Black Z10, STL100-3
My Carrier: Rogers

voice feedback - Voice Control: FAIL

BLACKBERRY Team:  Are you any closer to updating the VOICE CONTROL app to correct "no voice feedback issue" since OS update 10.2.1.537?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: voice feedback - Voice Control: FAIL

What I found was that I was doing it wrong.

After you press the button and the voice control screen comes up, you simply start speaking and then hit the microphone icon to end or just wait and it will automatically stop. I was opening the dialogue box and then hitting the microphone icon before i started speaking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

lorneyboy wrote:

BLACKBERRY Team:  Are you any closer to updating the VOICE CONTROL app to correct "no voice feedback issue" since OS update 10.2.1.537?

I do have voice feedback and I am running the exact same OS as you, you could try to do a reboot of the phone by holding both the volume buttons press for about 30 seconds, disregard the message about a screen shot been taken 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor

The issue is voice feedback on the Voice Control app is silent or crazy faint.

Beit Blue tooth or device, you should be able to start voice control and hear -

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO? (tone) "text" (tone)

WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEND A TEXT TO? (tone) "name"

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR MESSAGE TO SAY (tone) "...."

Now you will hear CLEARLY the voice prompts for DIALING ONLY but only via device NOT blue tooth.

Not legal (CANADA)  to handle a mobile phone while driving so this issue needs an immediate solution.

Blackberry has yet to fomally acknowlege this fail since install of OS 10.2.1.537.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It works fine for me. It doesn't voice prompt you, though. Just open the voice control app and say "send text to John_Clark"

When the voice control app comes up you can hit the "i" icon next to "What would you like to do" and it will give you some examples of what you can say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Been using this Z10 for over a year. I am quite familiar with commands. The voice is silent since update 10.2.1.537.  This Z10 model is STL100-3.

Contributor

Cold boot or restart does not correct issue. You have OS update 10.2.1.537 but what model Z10 do you have?

This is STL100-3

Guru II

There is no voice prompt in 10.2.1. I've said that twice now. You don't need a voice. Simply tell it what you want to do. Learn how to use it.

I just tried it. I said "BBM <my wife's name> How are you?" It filled in the BBM message. Then I simply said "Send." Didn't have to touch it.

It works fine. You just use it a bit differently. It's streamlined. NO VOICE PROMPTS.

Guru II

I have the exact same model on the same OS. Again, the voice command app HAS CHANGED. If you knew how to use it before, it works differently now.

Contributor

Learn how to use it?  Seriously, dude? I am speaking of the VOICE CONTROL app not Blackberry Messenger.

You are what 15 years old? Learn to read the threads competely, "Litle John".