Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: be

volume unintentionally maxes out

Report on a frustrating bug. dunno if it is known. software release

like the title says. when playing music, sometimes the volume rises to max on its own, and i don't have control over the volume. This happens when listening to music with headphones, i do not know what exactly causes it. One confirmed case is, when i'm outside and come within the range of my home wifi, the volume maxes out the moment my z10 connects to wifi. For other times, not sure what causes it. I get freaked out everytime this happens, and this may potentially damage your eardrums because the volume at max is very very loud....and Blackberry, you could easily get sued for this.

another thing on auto screen rotation. It is easier to turn screen to landscape mode, than it is for portrait mode, which is the more usual mode of viewing the screen. Sometimes, even though i am holding the phone in its longer side, even a small rotation turns the screen from portrait to landscape, and it takes quite an effort to turn the screen back into portrait. Now, it may be just my phone having an abnormal accelerometer sensor, but still i think there should be a couple of things done about this.

1. bias the accelerometer sensor readings linked to screen rotation even more such that it is more impervious to rotations when the screen is already in portrait mode, and vice versa, make it easier to rotate screen from landscape to portrait

2. in the settings, let the user have control over the goddam screen rotation sensitivity, not just screen rotation lock, because sensor readings may vary from phone to phone.

I really wonder if Blackberry does a proper usability testing for their phones. If you are going to hire Co-op students for most of your development works, at least hire students that are capable....