Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

what happened to delete emails on handset only?

is there  a way to just delete emails on the handset only and not in the actual applicate?  for example on the blackberry bold when you went to delete an email on yahoo or gmail it gave you the option to just delete the message on the handset and when you went to your actual email account it was still there.  i really enjoyed having that option.  does anyoone know if there is a way to configure that as it no longers asks you before deleting?  thx!

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Re: what happened to delete emails on handset only?

This option is not available on the Z10.  This is going backwarkd isn't it?

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Simply file the messages you want to keep and turn off 'show filed messages' in the settings, over IMAP or ActiveSync they will synchronise to your desktop (along with read / unread status, flags, etc)

That's actually a big move forward. Smiley Very Happy
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Carrier: Virgin

Moving backwards for sure,, Choice to control deleted emails is taken away, and thats progress?

Used to be I could delete an email from my 9800 and know that I could come back to that email later on my Playbook or the server. Now I have to leave it on all devices, or its gone.

Save it again? Hide read messages?   Thats supposed to be progress?

Give me the option to control my deletions, I really do not want to go back to my 9800..

New Contributor

I agree. I really miss this option, I just lost a lot of email. I thought I was cleaning them out of the phone with the option of reading them later online. And they call this progress? Maybe for some other phone!!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I have a Gmail account that reads and retaines all my emails from all my accounts. If I delete an email that is on my phone which is POP'd from my account it will be deleted on my account and the phone, but not on the Gmail account.

I read some comments that in later versions of the Z10 OS these options are supposed to be fixed. This is not official news.

I also POP my emails with MS Outlook on my computer. This does a cleanup of the emails on the email accounts and leaves a copy on my computer.

With logical planning this email situation can be handled efficiently.

Jerry G.
New Contributor

What knucklehead at BB decided to delete the old feature to leave mail on server?  I just bought the new Z10 as a loyalist and I ended up deleting very important emails on my POP Outlook account. Now they have vanished and now I have too many emails sitting on my phone that needs to be deleted eventually.

I don't see any workarounds to this problem and I am considering returning the new Z10 phone since I use it for business and I work from 2 different PC's where my mail resides.

Any assistance would be appreciated since this is a major problem.

New Contributor

Some email is better read on a larger screen. But BlackBerry thinks I should keep all this mail on my phone too?

Crazy. Just give me the same choice as I had before, I will keep the z10, and hope for common sense updates.
New Contributor

I up-graded from a BB Bold and I will return my new Z10 if the Outlook POP mail server isn't fixed shortly. I cannot delete mail on the Z10 without losing it on my server.

This is a crazy oversight by BB.

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

JoeMc wrote:

What knucklehead at BB decided to delete the old feature to leave mail on server?  I just bought the new Z10 as a loyalist and I ended up deleting very important emails on my POP Outlook account. Now they have vanished and now I have too many emails sitting on my phone that needs to be deleted eventually.

I don't see any workarounds to this problem and I am considering returning the new Z10 phone since I use it for business and I work from 2 different PC's where my mail resides.

Any assistance would be appreciated since this is a major problem.

Nobody "Deleted" any features, this is a brand new OS. Smiley Wink The functionality simply hasn't been added yet. Smiley Happy

Regardless of how it will work in the future, the "workaround" is to file the messages instead of deleting them and turn off "Show filed messages" in the hub settings. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy