Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: EE

yahoo email set up

been trying to set up my yahoo mail but keep getting this message.'at this time, the rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com server is unavailable and your email account cant be added. please try again later.'...what can i do?thanks

Elite I
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: yahoo email set up

How long have you been trying?

You could do a reboot and try again. Also, if you are at a stage where you can delete the yahoo address and start over, do that and then reboot.

Otherwise you probably just have to wait and try later.
- Ira
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: yahoo and gmail email set up

I'm getting the same error message, on both yahoo and gmail. Tried to repeat the setup, but the error message keeps coming back, seemingly at random. Sometimes email works for few hours, sometimes only for 10 minutes (after the repeated setup). Local Verizon store went through the same procedure, setting it all up for me, it worked at the store, and soon after I got the same message as you again. Tech support at VZ so far doesn't know where the problem is, one of them told me flat out to return the phone and get Samsung Galaxy instead. Anybody from BB has any idea?

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: EE

i have been getting the message for almost a month,it has not worked at all. i have deleted and started all over again,same thing

Contributor

Try the other solution on my other post "Problems with Yahoo emails". I got more help there from another member.

I deleted the accounts, rebooted the unit and re-established the accounts with corrected server addresses. I has been working on both Yahoo and Gmail since.

Contributor

PS, the post is titled:

Problems with Yahoo Mail

on the search engine.

Search it and you will find my discussion there with resident expert. It's been working since Saturday, I didn't have to do it again.

Regular Contributor
My Device: dev alpha c
My Carrier: rim

do u try some others email .like gmail and qq email .
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

In your Settings > Accounts, delete that yahoo account, reboot the device and then setup the Yahoo email account again.

Reboot by holding down both of the Up and Down volume keys on the side for about 20 seconds, ignoring the initial screenshot message... the screen will go black and reboot.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor

In addition, after the reboot, make sure you have correct server address for both incoming and outgoing emails. What comes as a default from the provider may not always be correct. Mine was not, and until I set it up manually, the problem kept coming back.

Correct server addresses for Yahoo and Gmail are in my other post, "Problems with Yahoo Email"