Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve, Bold, z10, PRIV
My Carrier: EE (Formally T-Mobile)
Accepted Solution

z10 E-Mail Accounts

Hey All,

Have a few questions relating to z10 e-mails.

1) When will they allow automatic sync straight away and not 15 minutes and why is 15 minutes the shortest time?

2) How can I manually sync I know there is a button to do it manually but if I do have this checked where is the button to sync and can I press this button if I have it on 15 minutes.

3) I don't want my sent messages to be displayed when I go to in hub and click my e-mails I just want to see my inbox.

Thanks

@brianmartinuk
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: z10 E-Mail Accounts

Hello,

BrianFMartin wrote:

1) When will they allow automatic sync straight away and not 15 minutes and why is 15 minutes the shortest time? 

Seeing as how we're not BB employees here in this user-to-user community, the only things we can do here is guess. (And, even if someone truly knew "why", they'd likely be enjoined from divulging it as proprietary information.). 

For accounts that support PUSH, you can enable that and avoid the timing completely. If PUSH is allowed by your email service, you might need to talk to them about specific parameters you need to use when configuring the email account to the device. When you use the wizard (e.g,. only provide the email address and password), the wizard queries the server for settings (ports, protocols, etc.) and uses whatever the server replies with. Some services might have you use different parameters for other methods of access. Or, as Google does, you change what Google faces to the internet for your email account (POP, IMAP, or both) and then your device will use that. It all really depends on the actual email service being integrated to the device.

Not that the device is perfect...it's not (yet). So we may have to live with some compromises while they improve the implementation of the email client.

BrianFMartin wrote:

2) How can I manually sync I know there is a button to do it manually but if I do have this checked where is the button to sync and can I press this button if I have it on 15 minutes.

With that email Messages List displayed, click the 3 dots at the bottom right...there's a "refresh" selection. For Calendar, you swipe down from the top (with the calendar displayed) and there is a "refresh" selection.

BrianFMartin wrote:

3) I don't want my sent messages to be displayed when I go to in hub and click my e-mails I just want to see my inbox.

With the Hub Messages List displayed, touch the bottom right "3 dots" and select Settings > Display and Actions. In there you can hide Sent Messages.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Curve, Bold, z10, PRIV
My Carrier: EE (Formally T-Mobile)

Re: z10 E-Mail Accounts

Thank you Smiley Happy

@brianmartinuk