Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: du

z10 Notifications keep switching off

I have bought a Z10 about 24 hours ago and have noticed that the phone notifications turn off every hour or so. The notifications turn off when I connect it to a charger and sometimes just arbitrarily. The only way to get the notifications back on is to shut down and restart the phone. I have gone through the internet forums and am beginning to realise this is a very common problem and has been around for a while. Is it not fraud on Blackberry's part to sell a defective product? I have missed important calls and urgent messages due to this. How does Blackberry plan to rectify this?

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: telus

Re: z10 Notifications keep switching off

With all the phantom setting changes that happen to my Z10 one would think it's possessed.

My notifications commonly switch off too.  I've missed so many new messages this way, it's often a surprise to see if anything new has come in.   Then last night at 1:45 in the morning a email chime came through ( I was awake reading).  I swore I turned the sound off so I looked at notifications and yup, all sounds were silent.  Yet an email chime still sounded...however there was no new emails or notifications! 

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodacom

Re: z10 Notifications keep switching off

Solution! 
1) While playing the music: 
2) Open the back cover, 
3) Touch the connection buzzer on the back (right under battery location). I even now manage to apply pressure to the block-area without removing the cover, while playing music. Works! 
4) Fixed!

I actually had my BlackBerry replaced before I knew the Solution. Not even the carriers know this solution! Thank you BlackBerry for another issue on the Flagship model. Disappointed. ...and this from a Massive loyal BlackBerry user... and creating this forum account to be able to help other users, Pain!

Found the Solution here:
http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/no-sound-problem-z10-not-like-other-people-781693/