Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

Re: z10 Verizon cant send or receive text messages

kmtmanagement wrote:
Yes the security wipe. Didn't work tho... Still spinning after 5 plus hours. The screen has like a SIM card on it and the spinner is rotating beneath it.

ok..... and one more thing.... whatever you do, DO NOT pull the battery. You can loose the OS..... let the phone do its thing. 

Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Blackberry

Oops I had already pulled the battery. Finally finished , connected to computer , updated software and still CAN NOT text! Can't send or receive AFTER factory reset. Now what? Hmmm
Angie Billingsly
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv

Do you have a signal? Top right corner...
Contributor

Figured out my problem.something to me to check my online business account to verify settings. The box thy says BLOCK MESSAGES was checked . I unchecked and !voila it works! Unfortunately I wasted a lot of time but thank goodness for backup! Anyone having this issue before you do anything CHECK the validity of your settings online!
Angie Billingsly
Forums Advisor III

Glad it worked out. Now you may wanna do a backup with your new settings
Contributor

Yup! Thanks for your help! Cheers Smiley Happy
Angie Billingsly
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: ATT

I have the same problem with my z10 - cant send or receive text messages.  I am on ATT.  They are sending me a new one.  I looked on ATT to see if my account information had anything about blocking texts and I cant get to anything that specific.  Does anyone with ATT know if you can UNBLOCK text messaging as this post describes.  

Contributor

Wow! I wish I could help you ! All I can say is before you start deleting and erasing make certain nothing is blocked as far as your service plan is concerned . Best
Angie Billingsly